Last word for all those who thought

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by burlesontiger, Nov 24, 2003.

1. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

LSU's win was anything less than it should have been.....
    Had there been message boards in 1958, how many would have said LSU's 7-6 win over Mississippi State "sucked"?

Answer me that one, please!

The Tigers went into a hostile environment against a good team ready to play and came out with the "W". Screw BCS, screw polls, they WON THE GAME. Now, on to Arkansas!

:geaux: :lsug:

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Actually, historians found a faded Western Union Telegram that read: "Great! Beat Ole Miss by one point. There goes the NC!"

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I don't think anything's wrong with saying something like, "The offense had a bad day" but I was shocked at some of the negativity when I checked the site on Saturday night. I never would've thought such a big win could be followed by that sort of pessimism. We have to realize that future recruits and current LSU players check sites like these (even though I wish they wouldn't). I'd hate to be one of the people responsible for an Early Doucet picking Miami. At least most of the analysis after the game was positive.

4. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

I admit, I had become a little spoiled with the Tigers steamrolling people. It was evident that the offense was a little out of sync, and the Ole Miss defense was well prepared. However, over the course of a season, these things happen (again, see the 1958 game with MSU). The difference is, during CHAMPIONSHIP seasons, you overcome it and win the game, anyway. I believe that's what the Tigers did.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I thought I saw it move.