LaTech

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ktulu7, Feb 4, 2005.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Tel 'em like it is loco! :hihi:

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

The thing about other La. schools' students not showing LSU respect is pretttttty damn stupid. Not everyone can (or even WANTS to) go to school at LSU. But LSU athletics is more than rooting for a school, it's rooting for your STATE. I live in south Louisiana and I had scholarship offers from LA Tech, ULL (I guess the HELL not), UNO, Mc Neese, and Nicholls State--on top of TOPS. I could have really went to any school in the state, including LSU. I liked UNO, but they have no football. I really liked La Tech, but I wanted to stay home. I HATE ULL and that is the last place on earth I would want to go. I ended up going to Nicholls. It's 20 minutes from my house, and I can still make it to Baton Rouge, for a multitude of athletic events, in less than 2 hours. Nicholls has had a decent football team the last few years, and really would be able to compete (and contend) better in the SWAC. Now, when it comes to LSU competing my school, I'm pulling for the Tigers. That includes a Women's Soccer game last year where we beat LSU. We held the game in our fball stadium and drew 3,000. This year in baseball, we have a series at LSU, and a home date against LSU. YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'M GONNA BE AT THAT GAME!!!!!! And why not? It's gonna be a free LSU game for me ;) Also, LSU's softball team is heading down here too, can't miss that one either. I hope Emily Turner is pitching too :) Sorry for jackin' this thread, but I just don't understand why some kids like to diss LSU so much. Hardly anyone in the NATION can compete well with us, MUCH LESS teams like La. Tech... no offense. [​IMG]

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The only other state school I even care about is Nicholls. I am from Houma, and my Dad taught at Nicholls for over 30 years. I feel an allegiance to Nicholls because everything my parents provided for our family came through Nicholls.

4. Ktulu7

Ktulu7 Freshman

That's just the problem. Some people will never pledge allegiance to LSU just because they claim to be Louisiana's team. You can't expect everyone to just bow down because that's the way it is. We respect what LSU's done of course, but we all will still root for our home team rather than the team that everyone just "says" we should. I love watching LSU, don't get me wrong, I'm just a north Louisiana guy and am into the Dawgs, even though the much higher populated south says that LSU's "the" team and that no one else matters. I think that's not too unreasonable. I still hope LSU the best, I don't wanna bash or take anything away from them. Plus, you should see the bitching we have on our own boards about our administration being idiots and not spending any money on athletics. We have complained every year about no facility upgrades.

5. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

no disrespect to Tech but to most LSU fans they aren't on our radar for football. I personally however would rather play you guys than San Jose State, Utep, Ark. St. and other teams like that, that seem pop up on our schedule every year.

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Well, I meant NO respect to any other LA program... Tech in particular, but let's all be honest. If for instance, LA Tech was the historic "state school," and they had all of the success that LSU has had in the past, then everyone would follow them with the same passion as they do with LSU. That is just logic. I know a lot of people are LSU alumni and would follow them indefinitely, but for the majority of the state's population, we follow them because it IS our state's program. Consequently, I like to see all of our state's schools do well. All except Tulane, which is just an Ivy League "franchise" in south Louisiana. HAHA.. It is terrible that we can't have in-state rivalry, but the simple fact is, is that no in-state schools can compete...

7. philter

philter Founding Member

There is not one in state school that I root against, I like them all and cheer for them to win, even Tulane. The only time I don't is when they play LSU on occasion.

8. Ktulu7

Ktulu7 Freshman

The only real point I have left to counter the fact that LSU should be honored by everyone in Louisiana, is that why aren't we all simply just Alabama or USC fans, since they've won sooo many national championships, that they're clearly America's team.. Sure, they're both historically great teams, but I don't care about them and well.. Tech beat 'Bama twice in a row during one of their recent peak times. Anyway, it's just not fair to say that LSU owns us all. Also, to say LSU has had all the success isn't right either. They were in Div. 1 before Tech, so maybe that's your basis. Tech won multiple NC's in 1AA but that's not as big of a deal. LSU's still only won the recent one and in the fifties. I'll say that in the past 5 or so years, LSU's been awesome for sure, so yeah, MAJOR props to the Tigers for those achievements and the bowl victories. All of us have acheived a good amount at our universities, it's just that LSU's the largest university in the state, and is also VERY heavily marketed. Only recently have I noticed that there's not one scrape of LSU garb at all in Ruston and all you can find is Tech stuff. It was an insult to fans up there to see everyone ignoring their own team when we had players going to the NFL, games all the time on ESPN and such, and just wear purple and gold all the time even to friggin' Tech games. NOW.. if you see a game there, everyone's at least wearing blue. Okay, end of rant... I won't talk about that anymore, sorry for going on and on, this is an LSU board in the first place. I don't wanna sit here and advertise myself like folks do on other boards sometimes. I can talk some LSU football with you guys. What do you think the odds are of Flynn getting more reps this year? I'm kinda skeptical of Perilloux. What does everyone think?

9. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Do they still fund the Tech football program these days? Or was that Tulane? Oh, whatever...