laterryal savoy

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by lsucorndog, Apr 25, 2004.

1. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

Dandy Don says he was in attendance and met Saban. He is 6ft3 WR for Mamou. My cousin from mamou was telling me about this kid LAST YEAR! He is a supposed to be a freak.

2. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Savoy

Savoy is a pretty good athlete that plays against Class A and AA competition. He is 6'3" about 175lbs. Believe me he's not 195lbs. This kid has been starting since his freshman year. He has all the tools to be a wide receiver at the next level. In my opinion he hasn't been pushed. I've watched him play countless times against Basile High, St. Edmund, Iota, and Sacred Heart of Ville Platte. He is a small town kid, who hopefully will play football at the next level. Personally, I just don't see him as a Division I prospect right now. That's just my opinion.

3. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Michigan offered him already.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Ok I'll sum it up from these previous posts:

This kid is an unmotivated freak of nature.

5. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Keep in mind that Michael Clayton also came from a school where he played against A and AA competition. He was also the same size I believe. Now, I've never heard of this kid, but anyone who is that size and has been starting since his freshman year must have something going for him.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Assuming he'll be a Senior and since he's been playing since he was a Freshman, then that would be 12 times. :wink:

7. JVD

JVD Freshman

LSU & Nike Camp

LSU measured Savoy @ 6' 2.5" and weighted him in at 196 lbs. at LSU Junior Day.

Here are some Nike Camp numbers on him.

Forty = 4.59

Vertical jump = 37"

Bench Press = 14 reps of 185 lbs.

Nike ranks players from 0-10 with a ranking of 8-10 being D1 propects. Savoy received a ranking of 9.

8. JVD

JVD Freshman

I Checked Mamou's schedule on the LHSAA's website. According to thier strength factor, Mamou played the toughest schedule in the state in 2AA last year. Here's some of the teams they played : Bunkie(AAA) 10-0, Iowa (AAA) 9-1, Live Oak (4A) 3-7, Northwest (AAA) 4-6, Iota (AA) 8-2, Pickering (AA) 6-4, Oakdale (AA) 7-3... 7 of their 10 opponents made the playoffs.

9. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

NOt downgrading Savoy here but - AAA Northwest is garbage in football. Pickering is a weak AA squad; and 4A Live Oak is a joke!

Mamou plays in a weak district. Iota and Oakdale are the only competitive teams. Savoy has the physical tools. But he hasn't nearly played to his potential.

10. JVD

JVD Freshman

I am not here to argue with you Basile Tiger, but how can the LHSAA have Mamou listed as #1 in strength factor with a weak schedule. Strength factor takes into account the number of wins by your opponents.