laterryal savoy

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by lsucorndog, Apr 25, 2004.

1. BasileTiger

BasileTiger Founding Member

Not arguing, just discussing.

The LHSAA strength of schedule is made up of different opinions, just like yours and mine. I have seen Savoy play. Currently, in my opinion, he has the skills to compete at I-AA. But, that's just my opinion. It would be great to see a Mamou Green Demon play for LSU. It's never happened and would be great for this little town. But, in my opinion he isn't at that level yet.

2. lsucorndog

lsucorndog Founding Member

didn't Mamou

have a kid named Hightower a couple years ago that was an awesome athlete but had the reading level of a third grader, sad. My cousin was on the same BBall team with hightower and said he would tell the kid pivot with your left foot, no the other left!

3. BasileTiger

Georgetown

Mamou has had quite a few good athletes. The guy you thinking of was probably Darvin Georgetown, a 6'4" 215lb. wide out who also was a stand-out basketball player.

4. bulldog94

bulldog94 Freshman

re: to savoy

I have seen the Savoy kid play and he is for real. He has the grades to play for any school he wants to. Not only does he have the grages, he also has the athletic ability to play at ANY college he chooses. Michigan has offered him a scholarship, LSU has invited him to Junior Day and Saban spoke with him about playing at LSU. Let's not just look at LSU and Michigan, other schools also want Savoy, but there are waiting to see if he signs with LSU first. I also heard that Mamou has another possible DI prospect known as Corey Jack(spelling?). He is Mamou's DE and TE. Well that's where he played last year. He is not as big of a talent as Savoy, but he may go to a small DI shcool or a school like Northwestern or McNeese.

Ok Basile Tiger, how can you down play a kid from Mamou when you dont even know the kid. When was the last time Basile had a player being scouted by DI-A top ten schools like the Savoy kid. Also how is Mamou's schedule weak. They have played some pretty tough talent. I think they may have had the toughest schedule in Class 2A this past year. Basile really plays the toughest schedule in the state. Starting with Lake Aruthur(6-4):
    Delcambre-109; Gueydan- 2-7; South Cameran 5-6: Merryville 2-8; Oberlin 2-8. WOW now that should be the toughest schedule in any class

5. bulldog94

bulldog94 Freshman

re: to savoy

I have seen the Savoy kid play and he is for real. He has the grades to play for any school he wants to. Not only does he have the grages, he also has the athletic ability to play at ANY college he chooses. Michigan has offered him a scholarship, LSU has invited him to Junior Day and Saban spoke with him about playing at LSU. Let's not just look at LSU and Michigan, other schools also want Savoy, but there are waiting to see if he signs with LSU first. I also heard that Mamou has another possible DI prospect known as Corey Jack(spelling?). He is Mamou's DE and TE. Well that's where he played last year. He is not as big of a talent as Savoy, but he may go to a small DI shcool or a school like Northwestern or McNeese.

Ok Basile Tiger, how can you down play a kid from Mamou when you dont even know the kid. When was the last time Basile had a player being scouted by DI-A top ten schools like the Savoy kid. Also how is Mamou's schedule weak. They have played some pretty tough talent. I think they may have had the toughest schedule in Class 2A this past year. Basile really plays the toughest schedule in the state. Starting with Lake Aruthur(6-4):
    Delcambre-1-9; Gueydan- 2-7; South Cameran 5-6: Merryville 2-8; Oberlin 2-8. WOW now that should be the toughest schedule in any class

6. JVD

JVD Freshman

Bulldog, I like your reply. I believe Basile Tiger is a little anti- Mamou. Wow! there schedule sounds tough. Gueydan, Delcambre, and Lake Author that's TOUGH!

7. BasileTiger

When did this become a Basile talent thread?????? All I'm saying is the guy is a project. He's gotten his yardage against sub-par competition. I have nothing against Mamou. I have quite a few friends there that I played ball against. Like I said, it would be great to see Savoy play for LSU. It would be great for Evangeline Parish and the the town. But, like I said I feel (my opinion) that he is a project. He doesn't have Division I skills right now.

Another thing from 1995 to 1999 we had Ronald Guillory, a 6'3" 225lb. defensive end who actually played for Arkansas Monticello because he didn't have the grades; Jason Ashford in 1999, a 5'11" 215lb. tailback who made all-state was recruited heavily by UL-Lafayette and McNeese State along with La. Tech. instead Ashford settled for marriage and work.

This is a Savoy thread not a Basile talent thread.

8. bulldog94

bulldog94 Freshman

Savoy

We could talk all day about guys who could have been. For Mamou, let's see:
    Andre Doucet probably a DI-AA player- doesnt want to go to college.
    Durel Richard also from mamou- DI-A player who doesn't have the motivation to play at the next level but does have the skill, several colleges tried to get him. Scott Thomas- Playing for Mcnees now- Greg Fontenot- could also probably play somewhere at a DI-AA school as well. But we are talking about legit players here arent we, Savoy is the real thing, I do believe that LSU, ALABAMA, Michigan, Ole Miss, Arkansas, know a little more football than we do, If he is ONLY a good DI-AA player at most, WHY are those schools heavily recruiting this kid?

9. BasileTiger

I hear ya

My opinion ony. They are recruiting him because he has the physical tools. As I said earlier, at this stage in his career he has not played against top defensive backs. He has played against weak defensive backs. I'm very anxious to see him play this year. I'm sure he has grown and improved, otherwise all these Division I schools wouldn't be interested. But, last year I didn't see him as a Division I prospect.

I have yet to see him take over a game. I've seen Division I wide receivers return punts, kick-offs, and run reverses. Maybe Coach Desselle just hasn't utilized him enough to showcase his talents. Maybe we will see the complete package of Savoy this year. Just my two cents! :geaux:

10. bulldog94

bulldog94 Freshman

I think Desselle has utilized his talents to the fullest extent. The kid does, run back kicks, run reverses and returns punts as well. I really do believe Mamou wouldn't have defeated teams such as Iota, Oakdale, Sacred Heart, without him. Let me say that maybe the games could have been the other way at times if he were not in the game. This kid is Mamou's FRANCHISE player.