Latest on Reggie Bush Scandal: Sounds like he's going down.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TenTexLA, May 10, 2007.

1. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

After reading this article it sounds like it's a matter of time before the truth comes out and USC will lose it's NC and be placed on probation. I wonder if Joe McKnight will reconsider and seek a transfer to LSU?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/michael_silver/05/10/ncaa.bush/index.html

"This case is a long, long way from being over," Barker said. "There is a lot of information being gathered that I can't speak about. We've had some interesting things happen in the last two weeks that have put some new life into this."

2. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Won't happen.

3. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Maybe not, but there does seem to be a trend to stoping all the cheating that is taking place in all sports. The only real way to deal with this kind of cheating is to take away any awards. I say we are really close to this in most sports, pro and college.

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

They cant make Bush talk, and he wont. Despite his public statements about being accessible and ready to talk he has run from the NCAA like the plague. However, now that an SI writer is on the story more attention is likely to be focused on the case. Its no longer just Yahoo and thats a big deal at this point.

Once the legal case is finished there will be much more brought out. Bush and/or his family will probably be tarnished but what happens to USC is a crap shoot. Its no coincidence that USC has been trying to distance themselves from Bush though. Makes you go...hmmmmmm.

5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That's right, it has nothing to do with fair and just, the NCAA doesn't care about that. Just like the Fab 5 taking hundreds of thousands in payoffs and Michigan being given a free pass USC will skate free. The NCAA is more corrupt than any of the institutions they are supposed to regulate so don't expect criminal activity to be met with punishment. If the NCAA wanted to do something about what on the surface looks like a slam dunk case they would have done it by now.

6. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Could be right, SMU did get the death penalty. Not that USC would but I hope they get something tough handed to them.

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Its been widely reported that the NCAA can't/won't do anything until the legal case is finished. The NCAA and PAC-10 have preliminary investigations going now but their hands are tied with everyone under gag orders from attorney's.

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ask Greg Anderson in PRISON while BB gets closer to Hank.

Cheating is here to stay in business, sports, all aspect of society and IT SUCKS because of all of the idiot apologists that don't' want to offend anybody but instead offend all of us who WANT THINGS TO BE DONE FAIRLY.

PS I REALLY do wish you were right.

9. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Not just from an AU point of view:

Bama would have never been busted by the NCAA unless they knew other programs in the SEC could command national attention. Without USC, OSU, and MI those conferences would wither. OU is at some risk now because Texas can carry a Big 12 banner and Nebraska is gaining strength.

The NFL wants to be back in LA for marketing reasons, and the NCAA wants to keep a strong presence there for the same reason. "Traditional" powers remain that way because of cash that they can generate for the NCAA. The NCAA will turn a blind eye toward the ones that line their pockets if it is in their best interest.

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

No sh!t, I never thought of it from that angle before. I guess a lot of it might be tied up because of legal matters, but still... Not that I've been following the situation much, but I haven't heard much of it for awhile.

1 person likes this.