Lavalais in the draft

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by sugarlsu, Mar 14, 2004.

1. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

Times Picayune had an article about Chad in the draft today. I was surprised that they said the experts say he is a middle rounder, due to his size. One asst. pro coach said that "he obviously has that LSU discipline which has to help him".

The senior bowl coach (san diego chargers head coach) said that he caused more problems for the offensive line than any other player during the week of practice.

I'll be surprised if he isn't picked in the second round. I guess I am biased.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

middle 2nd since he is smallish. Would fall farther if not for his heart and attitude coaches like a Belichick/Parcells/JJohnson can see and get their 'steals'. I think someone nabs him earlier than 3rd. First round he has no shot i dont think.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

since we are talking defensive studs... just wondering if any of you remember corey simon at the combine i think it was 1999 or so out of FSU... talk about a freak of nature.

he had 5 knee operations but went 6th overall i think 6'2 295 ran a 4.7 40 vertical of 41". how the hell someone 295 jumps 41"....

4. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

It'd be awesome to see Chad go in the 2nd round. He's a great guy and a great player. If he falls to the 3rd round, he'd be a big time steal for whoever is lucky enough to get him.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

He is going to be an ALL PRO and there are going to be a few unemployed coaches who will wish they hadn't passed him over when they had the chance.