Lavalais report - Falcons camp today

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by cadillacattack, Apr 30, 2004.

1. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

FWIW, spoke with my neighbor - he's a Lavalais fan also -just now, he attended the Falcons open practice camp today with his son. Said Lavalais reported to camp significantly overweight and looked very sluggish today and became "winded" easily. But in fairness, he also said he was comparing CL to other rookies that were present that looked very sharp, including Matt Schaub, Deangelo Hall, and F/A Brandon Johnson. His son was excited to get CL and MS's autographs, but he said CL was sweating profusely compared to other athletes nearby. (Temp was about 68-69 degrees w/ overcast skies today) He said CL was great - very nice kid, but looked a little out of shape.

Sure hope CL uses today as a wakeup call - he's got a golden opportunity with the Falcons. :(

2. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

Here's some Video of the practice which includes a bit of Lavalais. He's #94.

3. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

great footage, did you get that from nfl.com? I see what my neighbor meant about CL looking a little heavy, but I couldn't see his speed on the footage since they were mainly doing stand/holds. Man, D Hall looks fast, and he was playing up tight on bump/run cover 2. I didn't realize that D Hall would be wearing #21 .... same number as Dion Sanders ...hmmmmmmm.