Lay off Coach Brady.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SEN, Feb 26, 2004.

1. SEN

SEN Founding Member

There is little doubt in my mind that Coach Brady is the best coach for LSU right now. Let's face it. While we all knew we were a "sleeping monster" in football, we should also accept that our basketball program never really has been a big time program on a national scale.

When Coach Brown left LSU, very few coaches wanted any part of our program. Within 5 years Coach Brady was in the Sweet 16. Since then Brady has been to the NIT and the NCAA Tourney. We are headed back to the NCAA tourney this season. Every season since Stromile left the team LSU has overperformed their projected finish. In '01 we upset Georgia in the SECTourney. Georgia was a top 15 team. In '02 we got to the NIT when we weren't supposed to go anywhere. In '03 we went to the NCAAs when we were supposed to go to the NIT.

This season we weren't supposed to be a Tourny team. We weren't supposed to be a bubble team. This season Brady has the most potential talent on the floor as Frosh and Sophs that he's ever had, and LSU's had since the Chris Jackson days. I'll be happy with a tourny appearence this season, a second round or Sweet 16 berth will be a blessing**. With the return of our Frosh Talent next season as Sophs, if they develop anywhere near the margin of Stromile Swift's development from Spring '99 - Fall '99, we're in for VERY VERY good things next season.

Brady is the best LSU has, and could have right now. We're not going to bring in Coach K or some big time name. Coach Brady believed in LSU. I believe in Coach Brady. He's proven himself to me. Compare Donovan's '03-'04 season to Brady's. I think they compare well. I doubt any Florida fans are calling for Donovan's head. Donovan didn't have YEARS of scholorship restrictions to deal with to develop his program.

** - Auburn went to the sweet 16 last year. They had a very similar year last year to the one LSU is having this year. This team has the talent to make noise in the NCAAs.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Bottomline.......

This team should be able to compete with the rest of the SEC.

This team can't, blown out 3 games in a row.....
    Auburn, Vandy and Miss st...

Most of these teams aren't even in the top 25....

You can't coach with a defeatist attitude and making excuses for
    injuries....

Dale Brown would never do that....

It amazes me how some of you around here are ok with a team
    going no---where.

I'll gladly eat crow if I'm wrong.

Brady can't coach and heres why.......

Antonio Hudson was the SEC tourney MVP and Brady can't even
    utilize him for whatever reason.....

He is non-existant like the fresh and soph and juniors and everyone else........

Something is wrong with this picture!

Sugar Coat it and put a band aid on it all you want!

3. Guzzlingil

Guzzlingil Founding Member

Not "laying" off is part of his problem...

4. BayouBomber

BayouBomber Founding Member

LOLOL...Gil..I heard you go off this morning on Sports Gumbo..NICE.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

I had no clue that it was that simple. All we have to do is ACCEPT THE MEDIOCRITY and everything will be just fine. Now I can stop thinking about the basketball program and we can all move on. Nice idea.

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    There is little doubt in my mind that Coach Brady is the best coach for LSU right now. Let's face it. While we all knew we were a "sleeping monster" in football, we should also accept that our basketball program never really has been a big time program on a national scale.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you nuts???

LSU was bigtime when Shaq and CJ was here together, every game was shown on ESPN or National tv and LSU was either ranked #1 or
    #2 preseason then.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Good post SEN. I totally agree.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

LSU was ranked 1 or 2 preseason. where did they finish with shaq? guess we need brown back.

9. friday

friday Founding Member

SEN

how old are you? have you been living under a rock? LSU was an elite program when I was there. obviously, coaches other than coach k win in this country. you don't have to have a marquee name to win basketball games and build an established program. i.e., bill self did it at tulsa.

I think brady can win at lsu. I'm just sick of the excuses. no more probation. it's time to win. btw- if I remember correctly, lsu was picked either first or second in the west during media day. that would probably put them in the tournament.

SEN - you gotta get off the kool aid, pal.

10. Guzzlingil

Guzzlingil Founding Member

LSU was picked to win the West this year......