Lay off Coach Brady.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SEN, Feb 26, 2004.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

yes they were picked first by most.... MSU lost 3 or 4 starters this yr right before the season and wow, look at their second string team.

anyhow, I agree with friday....i think he can win here but the extemist over the top fans are tired. most cant name 1 player on any other team yet are basketball afficianados.

2. Guzzlingil

Guzzlingil Founding Member

I am still and LSU basketball fan...though Brady is making that tough....we have lost our last 3 games by 70 points....is that a sign of good coaching....???

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I played college basketball, did you?

In response to your comment about Dale Brown....

His teams were more consistant and competitive inside and outside of conference games.

I bet he didn't lose 3 games in a row by 70 points in the 20+
    years he was here.....

If you like to watch this team lose like they did the last 3 games
    so be it....

If you like mediocracy pal, then be happy!

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

ok pal lol great points. I agree totally. you are right. we suck. Brady sucks. this team is doomed. Dale brown was a much better coach. We need someone who can get us into the trny and win it all. we should not accept sweet 16's nor just winning one or two games only in the trny. we have set a much higher standard here that we cannot accept anything below that.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Sourdough, when the season began, you were all for Brady and the team. I remember one post before the 1st MSU game when you got on Gumborue for being pessimistic. Now you are one of the worst Brady Bashers here. Since you claim to have played college ball, surely you understand the effect injuries can have on a team. And you harp that Brady is the problem with Antonio Hudson. If you recall, he started out fine then got hurt and has struggled ever since. Bass was put on a pedestal before the 1st game and given no slack for being a freshman. Minor is a work in progress with loads of potential. I just don't understand what you expect from this team? They've got 17 wins and are currently going through a tough stretch against the toughest teams on our schedule. So you and your pals take the opportunity to raise hell about the coaching. Fans like you are what makes players not like fans.

6. LSU713

LSU713 Freshman

[This season we weren't supposed to be a Tourny team. We weren't supposed to be a bubble team. This season Brady has the most potential talent on the floor as Frosh and Sophs that he's ever had, and LSU's had since the Chris Jackson days.

Compare Donovan's '03-'04 season to Brady's. I think they compare well. I doubt any Florida fans are calling for Donovan's head. Donovan didn't have YEARS of scholorship restrictions to deal with to develop his program.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, we were supposed to go to the Tourney. When you are picked to win the West in the preseason that means you should go to the tourney. And the point about Donovan....I think Donovan has a little bit more of a cushion considering he's taken UF to the national title game.

Everyone says we have all this talent on this team and I think that is strictly based on these recruiting experts. Regis has not impressed me with an overall well played game yet this year. PLEASE TELL HIM TO STOP SHOOTING 3s. I have no idea how Neltner was Mr. Basketball in KY. Bass has looked great at times this year, but the last few games is making me wonder if he's hit a wall, and Tack.....well, I love the kid's energy and enthusiasm, but he is so out of control. I mean did you see that crazy shot he put up last night when he wasn't even looking at the goal. I mean he's got to learn that this isn't playground basketball. Yes, he is a freshman, but the season is 3/4 over and I have not seen a consistent improvement in him this year.

Look, I love LSU basketball, and I am not ready to get rid of Brady just yet, but just making the Tournament is not good enough for LSU. That just makes us one of 65 teams (out of what 200 some odd in Division I ???). That's mediocre in my book if we can't advance.

The thing about Brady that leads to apathy is his chip on his shoulder, prick attitude. The probation cannot be used as an excuse anymore. I cringe every time I hear him say that. He has run off JuMichael Young and Shawson Johnson to name a few. Some of you may say that is because they were of bad character...well doesn't some of the blame fall on the head coach for that?

It's just disappointing that we will only have 8-9,000 at the UK game. That is a game that should be a marquee game every year and be sold out. Sorry for the length of the post, just lot to say.....

7. Sourdoughman

I know injuries can be a factor but losing by an average of 20 points are greater the last 3 games shouldn't happen no matter
    what.

Dale Brown would've never used that for an excuse, without
    Lloreda this team can't beat anybody, they can't even be
    competitive and thats scary because you can almost count all of
    Lloredas games left in an LSU uniform on 1 hand.

I don't expect this team to win every game but I don't expect them to get blown out by 2 teams not in the top 25.

I could understand loosing in double figures to MSU but loosing 3 games in a row by double figures with the likes of AU and Vandy
    isn't acceptible.

I don't buy the argument this team is too young, there's a lot of
    veterans on this team but they don't seem to do much more than
    the freshmen.

I hope they pull it together but it isn't going to get anybetter this
    Saturday when Kentucky comes to town

I may be wrong and I hope I eat crow for this....

I don't know if we have a coach that can get the most out of his players......

Was Antonio Hudson SEC tourney MVP or not?

He sure vanished, everyone has forgotten about him.

Theres gotta be a way we can get him more involved with things
    and that could turn our season around.

You also know that the players only have as much confidence as the coach and players often take on the personality of the coach.

These guys look defeated.......

I've NEVER seen a team lose 3 back to back games by double figures that I can recall right now.

Not with this kind of talent, thats why I think these guys have no
    confidence and look defeated.

It'll be interesting to see what happens on Saturday on National
    tv.

8. Sourdoughman

btw,

I just decided whatever happens from here on out happens.

I will try to keep my mouth shut from here on out.

I don't care who coaches at LSU....

I just don't want our teams blown out and the team defeated
    before they ever hit the court....

1 more thing SabanFan,

You also know from playing ball that teams inprove and get better
    playing together.

Would you care to say this team is any better than day 1?

When I got on Gumborue I thought this team would get better
    along with the players as the season went on....

It hasn't Happened so I've changed my mind.

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Guess you didn't see the predictions of LSU winning the SEC West at the beginning of the season.

Just more excuses why Brady hasn't gotten it done...

10. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

John Brady = Gerry Dinardo

They are were great for the program at the time they were hired but they aren't the coach that can bring you to the next level.