Lay off the "Dumb" comments

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TexasTigers, Sep 5, 2010.

1. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I posted this on a different thread.
    Its a free world

Although everyone has a right to their opinion.
    I really wish people would lay off the players are "Stupid" stuff. This kid is "stupid" or "he must be retarded" I saw once.

Jefferson has a "slow" brain (On a different thread). Ford is too "Dumb" to be in the offense, he cannot learn it. Jefferson must have brain damage. (OR even worse and some of you know what I am talking about)

Lay off that a bit guys, these are kids. Who attend LSU and chose to be a part of our program and our university. Question their skill sure, its a message board.
    But all this "Our players are stupid, ford is slow, etc"
    Just not cool to say about a young college kid.

I am not even arguing if its fact or not. Just something I would prefer we wouldnt do.
    Maybe its just me.

Call Miles an idiot and dumb if you want. There is plenty of that to go around, he gets paid millions and that is fine.

But some kid, some from a rough life trying to get a degree and better himself through football. Trying his best. They are still LSU.
    Lay off the insults....

But again its a free world I guess.

2 people like this.
  2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

I agree!
    How can Miles be an idiot when he had a college degree and most here don't. (me included). I sure don't think he's an idiot, but I don't agree with his coaching style at all! Sitting on the lead gets on my nerves. I lived through the Saints years with Carl Smith and Jim Mora losing games by sitting on leads.
    I hear alot of people saying Jefferson is too dumb to run the offense. I'm about 90% sure they say that because of his race, or the way he speaks. Some people just don't speak well, or get nervous in front of a camera. Doesn't mean they are "stupid".
    Most of the bad things I said last night were in reference to Brent Musberger pulling for UNC....and sitting on the lead. Peterson returns the punt and Musberger is making excuses for UNC's players being suspended. Well, if they weren't trying to cheat, they would have not been suspended and would have been able to play. It's not LSU's fault that they got caught cheating (or whatever they did to get suspended).
    I also don't like booing when someone gets hurt. (J. Lee 2 yrs ago against Ole Miss). I don't think he should be starting here, but sure don't want any of our players to get hurt.
    I really believe the coaches have handcuffs on Jefferson. Why? i don't know. But, why are the "non stupid" coaches still running the option with him? It's pretty obvious he's not good at that. He's a good runner, but not on the option.

3. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

its not just you.

i agree. these are kids representing the university. i dont know if lsu is the alma mater of some of those that deride the kids, but it is mine, and i hate to see them run down just for trying to represent on the field.

these kids also seem to be for the most part, quality young men off the field. they are not thugs giving us a prison gang reputation, and for that, i am thankful. on the field they are likely doing their best, but they are college kids, and they are gonna make mistakes. i was unhappy with some of those mistakes, but unfortunately stupid mistakes happen. critiquing mistakes is one thing. belittling and calling a kid names is another. i would put money the kid that makes the mistake feels worse than any of us.

4. armybass

armybass Founding Member

Bingo. While I may agree with you...you nor I have the right to tell others how to think and feel. We already have a Govt. and news media as well as the education professionals trying to do that. We just come here to talk football and it is getting a bit old having others tell us that we can't complain or what we can and can't say. You know if you don't like what some one says...you have two choices in my book, argue and prove them wrong...or ignore it and move on. But I appreciate where you are coming from.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

I concur but good luck with that. A season ticket holder who sits next to me has that same mindset and it almost ruins the game at times.

6. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I don't think the kids are dumb, slow or whatever... hell not many players get dumber than J.Russell or V.Young... but they were able to play for top schools and succeed on the field.
    I think the morons and slow coaches are the LSU coaching staff. We have too many weapons to have piss poor showings like this for going on 3 straight seasons... the coaches need to change the channel or turn the tv off... I can predict 3 and outs 90% of the time our offense is on the field... their not giving our student athletes the chances to win the way should be.

7. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Well said.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I also dislike hearing our kids referred to as stupid. They aren't.

9. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Who said the players are stupid? I'm not seeing much of that. If anything, Miles and the coaching staff have been called stupid. Islstl is being sarcastic about calling Ford dumb because of something another poster said about Ford not knowing the playbook or something.

Also, is it wrong to say something they did was stupid, i.e. fumble the ball away?

10. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Good idea, but sadly some people will never stop. It's sad that some people have such empty lives that they need to hold 18-21 year olds accountable for not meeting their impossible standards, but that's the society we live in.

I'll never forget sitting at Tiger Stadium and hearing someone behind me repeatedly calling Randall (or was it Russell?) a "dumb n*gger" every time they made a mistake.

I doubt that many of the people who are hardest on LSU's student athletes actually lasted more than two semesters on campus to begin with.