LB Kevin Minter

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by LSUDynasty5, Apr 5, 2008.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Re: Minter commits

Minter says he is playing only linebacker his senior season. He attended summer school (thus he didn't make any camps) and plans to enroll in January.

He says he is now 6-1, 235, and last week he ran a 4.45 in the 40.

Rivals, get your head out of your ass and give this guy his richly deserved 4th star. If scout.com can verify his 40 time, I think he will be upgraded to 5 star (he is currently a high 4 star).

This kid is gonna be good. At that speed, looks like an outside LB to me. Ferrell can play MLB along with Chris Williams, once we nab him.

2. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

That makes about five who plan to enroll early, Shep, Garrett, Calhoun, Pratt and now Minter.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

High character kids is all that is acceptable at LSU under Miles.

And if you screw up, you're gone and you go to that dumping ground, OU.

I think that is a great standard to follow.

4. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Minter has helped lead his high school, Peachtree Ridge (12-2), to the 5A State Championship against Camden County (14-0), 8 p.m. Saturday at the Georgia Dome.

5A is the highest division in Georgia.

Minter is the most heavily-recruited player on his team, although a WR/DB (Mitchell Williford) and a DB (Connor Norman) have gotten scholarship offers from some of the military academies.

Camden County features six players that have gotten scholarship offers, including South Carolina commit WR DeAngelo Smith, and a FB/DE (Marquevious Myers) and a LB (Justin Orr) that have gotten football scholarship offers from Georgia State (Orr has committed already), the new football program that has DC John Thompson, who reportedly has been contacted about the DC job at LSU.

Peachtree Ridge was the 2006 state co-champions and Camden Country was the 2003 state champions.

2008 GEORGIA 5A STATE CHAMPIONSHIP GAME

8 p.m. Saturday

The Georgia Dome

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Andouille

Andouille Guest

Says who?

6. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Today, Dandy Don listed him, along with Nix and Chavis, as people being mentioned for the DC spot at LSU.

Also, we have the DC Watch: John Thompson thread in the Den where it said this:

7. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Unfortunately for Minter, his team lost in the state championship game. Minter put up a valiant effort, leading the defense with 14 tackles. (LINK).

It was 14-14 until the other team took a 21-14 lead with 1:12 left in the third quarter. Minter's team drove down the field late in the game, but came up short when their QB threw an interception with 1:18 left in the game.

According to their coach:

"We don't have the number of Division I players that I've had before on a team," Ballard said. "We've basically got Kevin Minter and probably Ronnie (Smith). Most of the teams I've had in the past, we've had seven or eight Division I, big-time players on the team. That's why I call this group an overachieving bunch. A lot of them are high school football players, maybe playing their last game. They've just outworked a lot of people."

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/main.asp?SectionID=7&SubSectionID=7&ArticleID=53934&TM=409.742

Kevin Minter, a 6-foot, 230-pound linebacker, best exemplifies the Lions' roster. The senior, who's committed to playing at LSU next year, won't be the biggest player on the field, but few will hit harder, Ballard said.

http://www.jacksonville.com/sports/high_school/2008-12-11/lions_aim_for_wildcats_perch

Minter was moved from defensive end to linebacker where he leads the team with 121 stops this season. The senior is the anchor of a defense that has allowed just 17 points in the playoff and less than 10 points a game this season.

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/main.asp?SectionID=7&SubSectionID=7&ArticleID=53754&TM=203.008

[​IMG]
    Peachtree Ridge’s Ronnie Smith (32) is consoled by teammate Conner Orr (84) after their loss to Camden County in the Class AAAAA state championship Saturday night at the Georgia Dome.

[​IMG]
    Peachtree Ridge’s Kevin Minter

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Scout.com's director of scouting, Scott Kennedy, wrote this about Minter today:

A question I get every year about the games in the dome is "if you could take one player, who would it be?" For the Dome games of 2008, I'd have to say it would be Peachtree Ridge and LSU Commitment Kevin Minter. Minter was everywhere on defense for the Lions. He's got size, speed, instincts "want-to", everything Scouts look for in a linebacker. If he continues to play on the next level the way he played his senior season, he'll be a star for the Tigers of LSU.

http://hsgeorgia.scout.com/2/822687.html

9. deuce985

deuce985 Founding Member

What does this guy run in the 40, he looks really fast agility wise(sliding down the line) and straight line speed? I've read hes actually run a 4.48, any truth to this? This guy is going to be such a stud, combine him with Mingo/Baker and I like our future LBs.

10. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Minter: I'll skip my senior prom to get to LSU, I want to win a National Championship at LSU

“I do not pay attention to the recruiting rankings and stuff like that, but my brother does,” Minter responded. “He’s big into that recruiting stuff. I’m just ready to get there (LSU) and hopefully win a championship.”

“I still intend on enrolling in January,” Minter confirmed. “I’ll think I should be able to go to my graduation, but I’m not too sure about my prom. That stuff really isn’t that big of a deal to me though. I’m just trying to get down there.”

"I just want to get down there to get into the playbook and to start working out with my team.”

http://www.tigerrag.com/?p=4278