LB Monty Rice

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by TwistedTiger, Dec 12, 2016.

1. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

A high school coach is supposed to look after the best interest of his players first, even if it is in conflict with his loyalty to alma mater. In some circumstances (if I were a QB or TE being recruited by Les Miles, for example), I don't see it as a problem if my coach, even if he is a former LSU player, tells me its not in my best interest to go to LSU. But there'd be no excuse, IMO, for steering a top linebacker away from LSU.

Brian and TwistedTiger like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Coach Randall tells 104.5 The Fan that LSU still has time to flip Allen. https://www.seccountry.com/lsu/christopher-allen-lsu-flip-alabama
    Two telling comments in this story to me; first, that Coach Aranda is now personally recruiting Allen. Second, his comment after committing to Bama.
    In that case, the biggest arrow in Aranda's quiver to me is Duke Riley. He needs to show Allen how that kid blossomed over the course of this season. With another year under Aranda, I believe Riley would have been an All-SEC LB.

shane0911, TwistedTiger and Brian like this.
  3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We aren't talking about a tight end though. I 100 percent agree with you if he were a tight end.

I need to read entire comments. My bad you pretty much nailed it.

furduknfish and mctiger like this.
  4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

100% positive...he is doing what he should do as a head coach and being there for his players. Weird coincidence that the radio interview popped up this AM. You could tell from there he is hoping he ends up at LSU.

TwistedTiger likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

I'll take your word for it homie.

6. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

That's not pushing kids to Bama. That's encouraging them to find the best fit. As much as we want it to be, that's not always LSU.

7. LaSalleAve

Sure it is. Chris Allen would be better off at LSU. It's close to home, we have the best DC and linebacker coach in college football.

shane0911 likes this.