Leak commits to Florida

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dcd11984, Jan 5, 2003.

1. dcd11984

dcd11984 Freshman

The nations #1 QB, Chris Leak, commited to Florida tonight. This will probably narrow JeMarucus Russell's list down to LSU and Florida State.

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

With Free Shoes University's probs at QB it may be a favorable choice for JaMarcus, there is a chance he can go right in and get some playing time right away.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Actually, since LSU has (Depending on who you read of course) the Number 2 and Number 9 QB in the nation already committed. Although I would love to get Jamarcus Russell, LSU still has committed two top 10 QB's, to Floridas 1.

I am sure Florida is still on his list if LSU is.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If Russell is shy about competing with another 5-star quarterback, then he won't go to Florida or LSU. FSU will be an easy path to early playing time.

But if he's a true competitor, it might be attractive to go to a school with top receivers, a good OL, and a coach that can take them to a championship. That would be LSU, Florida State is in a down cycle. He's rated higher than Lane or Flynn....and Lane may still go to pro baseball.

5. wvtiger

wvtiger Freshman

qb's

I don't think competition is going to scare JR away if he still lists LSU. We have 2 top 25 commitments and still have offers out to him and Omar Connor. We are stock piling which is beautiful because you never know who will or won't pan out. Only the strong will survive and we will end up with the best 2 in the end.

6. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Actually I just read on Rivals he has narrowed it down to FSU and LSU. (I am suprised the two Bama schools were left out in the cold with their own Mr. Alabama)

Anyway, I would still be surpised with the FSU QB situation and LSU seeming to be brimming with QB talent, maybe not next year but 2004-2006 LSU will be stacked at QB (I believe back to the day of Nall, Booty and Davey)