leaving for basic

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tiger777, May 9, 2003.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

just wanted to let everybody know I'm leaving to go to basic training @ fort benning in georgia mon and I have to go to NO this weekend so I won't get to post here for a while. I will be back in mid to late oct. talk to ya'll later.

2. Latide97

Latide97 Founding Member

Good Luck and thanks for serving our country.

3. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

thanks. Im only going to be in the reserves so I should be back in time to catch the last part of the season and will be back in school in the fall.

4. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Good luck!!!

5. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

Don't worry about basic, its a peice of cake!(snicker) have fun! Thanks for serving this Great Country!!

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I'll give you the same advice I give my son. If you're going to go into the military, go as an officer. Good luck. You won't have access to a computer for at least 4-5 weeks.

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Good luck. That sounds like one of those challenges that would give you a little extra confidence and satisfaction forever. It'll also probably make you realize how fun college life is. Hopefully the end of the year will feature some meaningfull games! I'd be satisfied with a 1-loss (I'd take undefeated too) LSU team hosting the top-10 Aubbies for a chance to take the driver's seat in the SEC West. There are definetly question marks this year but the skill players and offensive line should put a lot of points on the board. The schedule after week 3 doesn't have any breaks.

8. eric d

eric d Founding Member

I leave in Sept, but I'm going to Fort Jackson in Sept. Good luck, as I know that Fort Benning is where they train the infantry and other heavy fighting types. Let me know how it goes.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

God Bless you, Tiger777 May the Good Lord be with with you wherever your military service takes you. The fact that there are young Americans like yourself makes all of us rest just a little bit easier knowing there are people like you defending us from the fanatic evildoers who want to destroy our way of life

10. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Good Luck and God's speed. Be safe and thanks for loving this great country. Without people like you we would still be a colony of the british. There is no greater gift than the people who have defended our country and paid the ultimate sacrafice to keep us free.

Remember wherever you go, you are a Tiger Fan and that makes you special.

Take care and be safe.

Geaux Tigers