LeBron James Watch

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 18, 2010.

1. clair

clair Rockets

Re: NY Knicks are positioning for LeBron AND Bosh or Wade

because it's overblown. Why would the Cavs choose to do next to nothing and get comfortable? Even if Lebron was signed up for life, you'd like to think they would still bust butt to do anything they can to get the best team possible. This isn't the Clippers we are talking about. The Cavs are a well-run organization.

It works on the same foot, because a lot of free agents last year avoided Cleveland because of the uncertainty with Lebron.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Man, Chicago sure seems like the favorite to win LeBron's services right now.

In my opinion he should sign with the Knicks just for the sheer fact that no one on that team would make love to LeBron's mother.

Joakim Noah would be the guy to do it on the Bulls. Homeboy would probably take what he could get.

[​IMG]

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I must admit, things have certainly changed since I last chimed in on this issue. CS, it does seem like LBJ's most likely destination is Chicago. It makes all of the sense in the world as they have much better talent than NYK. I really thought Lebron would stay with the Cavs but Delonte West boning his mom has been a game changer. He just looked like he didn't want to be there those last two games. We'll see.

If I were him, I would go overseas for two years if someone offered me $50 million. That scenario was proposed as somewhat realistic a couple of years ago although with the economy the way it is, I doubt the offer will come.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

If he wants to win and play for a contender now he better go to Chicago. If he is looking for the highest bidder it will be NY or NJ plus tie in the bigger market exposure that comes along with it.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Your prediction for the Lebron James sweepstakes?

I got him going to Chicago and they also getting Phil Jackson to come back and coach.

6. clair

clair Rockets

Re: Your prediction for the Lebron James sweepstakes?

Gimme the Knicks.

they are the only pro sports team that anyone can buy stock in.

He signs, buys a ton of shares and cashes in huge and he makes them go up, up, up.

If he were dedicated to winning, he'd go to the Bulls, because him + Rose + Noah would be unbeatable, but I question his want to win sometimes (see also: the past 2 playoffs).

1 person likes this.
  7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I got Chicago as well, they will hire Calapari to appease Lebron, but that lineup would be damn strong. They would still need help on the block, Noah doesnt cut it for me.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I really don't care. His best shot to win a title is to stay in Cleveland but he is a punk who is selfish, greedy, and getting really bad advice from someone in his life. If he goes to the bulls it is a terrible mistake IMO. The pressure to live up to 23 will be more than he can stand and it will be the begining of the end for the young star. He is talented but he is no MJ, hell he isn't even a Kobe.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Do you think he will really want to step that much into MJ's shadow? I can't see it.

I would really like to see him stay in Ohio, but if he wanted to buddy up with Gary Chouest I wouldn't complain.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I understand what you are saying, that will certainly add even more expectations on him playing in Chicago.

But from what I am hearing is that Lebron and Calipari are being shopped around as a pair. So its either New Jersey, Chicago, and or LA Clippers. IF he wants to contend right away, its definitely Chicago, I cant see him going into a rebuilding situation.