LeBron James Watch

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Cajun Sensation, Feb 18, 2010.

1. clair

clair Rockets

Re: Your prediction for the Lebron James sweepstakes?

yup. roughly 6M a year or so per.

per Wiki:

"Mid-Level Exception

A team is allowed to sign one player to a contract equal to the average NBA salary, even if the team is over the salary cap already, or if the signing would put them over the cap. This is known as the Mid-level exception (MLE). The MLE may be used on an individual free agent or split among multiple free agents, and is available to any team that exceeds the salary cap at the beginning of the offseason. The Mid-Level Exception for the 2008-09 NBA season was $5.585 million.[2] The MLE is $5.854 million for the 2009-10 NBA regular season.[3]

An example would be the Toronto Raptors' acquisition of Jason Kapono during the 2007 off-season."

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So Jerry West still thinks Lebron is a better basketball player than Kobe right now. Now maybe one day Lebron will be the better player, and there are some things Lebron is better than Kobe at, but right now Kobe is the best player in the world. With the Lebron sweepstakes about to begin, if Cleveland were to offer a sign and trade to Los Angeles, Lebron for Kobe, would Jerry West do it? Would you do it? Kobe for Lebron straight up?

3. LSUTigerDad

LSUTigerDad 2009 Pick Em Champ

Kobe has 4 |lombardi| (best I could do) and maybe number 5 on the way so based on that I wouldn't.

I think he will stay in Cleveland.

4. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Re: LeBron Watch

Here's a website on SI that keeps close tabs on "LeBron Watch"

LeBron James Watch

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Ive been in the loop on this, because I do personally know this guy World Wide Wes. He is the power broker behind all of this, from my understanding its either Chicago or Miami, unless Lebron has a strong attachment to his home state, which is highly unlikely. Wes is an agent now and he represents the guy that Chicago hired as a head coach. This is getting interesting and I have to say i hate it that one player that hasnt won anything is controlling the entire league.

6. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

You know World Wide Wes? That's pretty sweet. That dude's fascinating to me. i don't think anyone had even heard of this guy a year ago and now he may be running the whole NBA. Pretty crazy. How do you know him? Do you think he's really got lebron's ear?

7. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

BScott to cavs. Is CP3 next? He & Lebron are friends & to have the rock dished to him by CP may be enough enticement for him to stay.

8. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Wes has been around for a while, he played college ball somewhere in New Jersey, I met him about 4 years ago at a playoff game, between the Pistons and the Heat, but he has known my uncle for a while. Now he is a sports agent and he is trying to get a stranglehold on the big market NBA teams to sign his guys. He is kind of a shady guy, but seems cool enough. But he has been behind a lot of deals in the past couple of years.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Regarding where LeBron James will land, Vegas has the odds at:

-200 Cavs
    +350 Bulls
    +350 Heat
    +450 Knicks
    +800 Nets
    +1500 Clippers

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Jazz finally get rid of Boozer who is going to Chicago and now he says he is making a push for Lebron too.