ledbetter act

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by martin, Oct 26, 2012.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

i dont understand, they are negotiating a salary for themselves, not a male applicant.

it seems sexist of you to assume women are incapable of salary negotiation.

obviously, but that has othing to do with gender or the equal pay act. thats simply breach of contract and is not controversial and totally irrelevant.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I assume nothing of the kind, stop lying about my position. I assume that the company withholds vital information during the negotiation making a proper and equitable negotiation impossible.

3. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

The only thing that matters is if the individual and company are comfortable with the arrangement. The fact that another person or several other people may have gotten better arrangements does not matter. The individual does not need to know, and has no right to know what others are paid.

Jmg and shane0911 like this.
  4. martin

martin Banned Forever

Withholding Information is called negotiating. If you love a job so much you would do it for free, you don't say that out loud. You withhold information and you do not expect to be sued when it comes out later.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Well, the courts disagree. Sometimes it is not discrimination and sometimes it is.

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

It shouldn't even matter if it is discriminatory the government should not be managing the prices for things, including labor.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. martin

martin Banned Forever

i think businesses should sue men to force them to stop extorting them for labor prices higher than the market rates set by women.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

Also I should note that freeedom is the greates enemy of every miserable scoundrel, and that why idiots need protection from everything. If you are such a miserable fuck that you need the courts to protect you from you own negotiations, then I think I think the reason for your lesser pay is quite apparent to everyone.

Imagine if a politician said what I just said it would be the greatest political hero that ever existed, and he would never win a single election for anything.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Martin I love you bro but you are starting to sound like every republican who frivolously throws the F word around. The F word being freedom. It's completely dishonest to even bring that word up when we don't have freedom in this country.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

Don't blame me I am the one opposing big government. I oppose Obamas health care and bailouts and Romney on abortion and both guys on drugs. I am for smal government far more than even libertarians except in the case of military.

Candidates debate how to fund things like Medicare and social security. I don't even think those things should exist. I realy am in favor of freedom from government management of our lives. That why I don't want the government helping dumb bitches that can't negotiate contracts.

Frogleg likes this.