Legalizing pot was the answer....right?

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by uscvball, Sep 8, 2017.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The next time I see a bag of pot with a Grown in California label I won't smoke it. But even legal products can cause environmental harm. The raising of cattle for both meat and dairy products for instance. Cows fart a lot and produce tons of methane gas. Do you eat meat or cheese. Do you drink milk?

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'd rather Colorado buds, and oils anyway, I only get edibles from Cali.

3. LaSalleAve

And by the way, vball I've never seen you post anything about corporations and power companies that actually put shit in the water that causes cancer, fracking using god knows what, Duke Energy dumping toxic waste into rivers and streams in North Carolina or even champion anything regarding the environment. I'm not saying that you don't care about those things because you are very intelligent but this is minuscule compared to what the energy companies do. Did you know that the US's policy at one point was to put radioactive waste in drums with with concrete and dump them off the shore of Jersey? And when they didn't sink they would blast them with machine gun fire? Most nuclear power plants today House their own waste, and those plants weren't designed for that. Plutonium has a half life of 24,000 years. I'd be more worried about that than some weed grows, but I understand your interest being from California.

One suggestion about nuclear waste was to blast it into space. But given this world's track record on blasting rockets to space has been sketchy at best, imagine a rocket exploding in the atmosphere and that shit just pouring downs.

A problem we have here in Louisiana is shitty contractors who just dump their waste whereever they can illegally do they don't have to pay. This is why we need regulation.

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

Why would you Pay that much if you can grow it yourself?

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Tell you what.... when you get a chance, use the search function here and look up the word fracking with my username. Then we can start the discussion again.

I see red herrings to attempt to dismiss this very serious issue that is specifically tied to pot growers and pot users. It's ridiculous in my opinion to dismiss this issue for discussion simply because you think it's small compared to corporate pollutants. Just because one is happening on a larger scale doesn't mean we should turn a blind eye when it's being done in a very insidious way and destroying specific parts of the environment. Remember when Hillary's campaign buses were literally dumping shit in public streets? That was small scale but we talked about it and I participated.

Even if you had been correct about my having not discussed the environment before, that still has nothing to do with the argument on face. I believe what's going on in this article is an unintended consequence that people who supported the legalization of pot did not anticipate or forecast. It doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon. I'm waiting for a pot supporter to address it and admit that the road to legalization is still quite bumpy.

6. LaSalleAve

It is bumpy but if these assholes in Washington would get out of the way, and start being smart and it could easily be remedied. And I'm willing to bet growers would be more willing to work with federal regulators than Exxon or Duke Energy would be. They probably didn't know. And I would also bet now that they do they will make changes.

7. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Going to a store and paying $200 doesn't take any planning or work,.. setting up a grow room will cost at least that and you have to farm it for five months until your crop is ready,.. of course the payoff is in pounds compared to grams,.. plus the highest quality is homegrown.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    Bengal B likes this.
  8. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

way ta go Trojans,.. the talking heads wrote Darnold and your boys off,.. and were all about Stanford,.. dumb asses. Man oh man, your two RBs were impressive,.. congrats, big win.

9. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Who Dat say dey gonna beat dem Ducks

10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I'm sure there were many many illegal stills during prohibition. But not too many after the repeal of the 18th amendment. If pot were legal across the country the illegal crap would be thinned out severely.
    Big brother needs to ban High Fructose Corn Syrup & Partially Hydrogenated fat. That kills and ruins the lives of countless Americans.