Legends Sports Bar NYC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU_4_LIFE, Sep 20, 2018.

1. LSU_4_LIFE

LSU_4_LIFE Founding Member

I’ll be in NY when we play Ole Miss. The wife and I are thinking about going to Legends sports bar for the LSU game, any of you ever been?

http://www.legends33.com/mobile/home.html

Thanks in advance.

2. Bayou Tiger

Bayou Tiger Founding Member

Looks a lil high fallutin for me. Beers probably a bit on the high side for this ol swamp man. I'd sneak some in the old lady's purse, for sure.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I have been by it but not in it because every time I’ve been to NY it was off season. I can give you some great little places to hit up though if you’re interested.

Where are y’all staying if you don’t mind me asking?

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

If I couldn't watch with the sound on the LSU game I would stay in my hotel room and watch it. I watched the 2011 LSU vs Alabama game (the game we won) at a sports bar in Boston. All the TV's has a Bruins hockey game on until I got them to put one on our game.

LSUTiga likes this.
  5. LSU_4_LIFE

Yes please do. Thank you

We’re staying at the Doubletree in Times Square.

6. LSU_4_LIFE

Agreed. But from what I hear it’s a big LSU bar. Hoping it’s similar to Little Woodrow’s here in Houston.

Bengal B likes this.
  7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Oh damn.

1st tip, do not buy anything in the gift shops in time square. If you want souvenirs just go to Walgreens it will save you a ton of money and it’s the same shit. I mean if you want something from Bubba Gump or Hard Rock you’re gonna have to get that stuff there though.

Make sure you go to 2 places.

1. The High Line, trust me on this you won’t regret it and it’s pretty romantic. It’s an elevated rail that has been converted into a park. It’s fantastic, foliage, benches, pool chairs, and great views of Manhattan.

2. Chelsea Market, you’re gonna wanna eat here, just pick a place in the market, any place, so much variety and there is some great shit in there, the seafood store in there will blow your mind.

Central Park is obvious, you’re gonna wanna see that, do NOT eat Italian food in Little Italy, everyone will try to get you in their restaurant with lines like “best spaghetti in New York” but if that was true there would be patrons. No one eats in little Italy except family members of the owners and gullible tourists. If you or your wife wants to buy knockoffs, just hit up Chinatown. Look for women with a big laminated page of items like purses and bags, they also do sunglasses and watches, they all look legit. Got my wife a Louis knockoff that you can’t tell the difference on, stitching everything is pristine, and I paid 60 bucks for it, the real one is worth 2500 bucks. And never pay first price. If they say 80 you say 60 is all I have and they will still sell.

I’ll brainstorm a bit more and get back. I fucking love that city.

8. LSU_4_LIFE

Thank you sir.

9. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Maybe I'm overlooking or the pics aren't doing it justice, but doesn't look like there's many TVs in there to be called a sports bar.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

And the food is pretty pricy for sports bar food. How much do they charge for a beer.