Leinart to stay at USC

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerFan90, Jan 14, 2005.

1. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I never thought a Booty could cry, but I think I hear it now! So much for that USC board that had RP interested too, huh?

I guess now, RP will have to settle for being the SECOND best quarterback in the country...:hihi::thumb:

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I was kind of surprised by Leinart's decision to return for another year. I have an intense dislike for the Trojans, but I applaud the young man for temporarly foregoing instant wealth and finishing out his collegiate career. :thumb:
    Since it appears as though Carroll & Chow are also staying it looks like another excellent year for USC.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

whether people love him or hate him simply cuz he's a trojan, i think we can all agree its good for college football.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

True. But at least one good thing that comes out of all of this is that with guys like Whitworth and Leinhart holding press conferences to announce their decision, it perhaps will change the way college players approach this sort of decision in the future.

When everyone jumps at the NFL, and leaves early, then more kids follow that lead. If more players stay in school, and bypass the NFL for their Sr. years, and still end up being top-round draft picks, then that trend will likely pick up.

It's good for the college game--which I prefer in favor of the pro game.

5. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

I hate USC as much if not more so than anyone else but I do respect Leinart for staying. Good for him! Good example.

6. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

Wonder how he'll feel when Oliver lays him out in the Rose Bowl?

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he'll be fine when 12 sweater girls comes to rescue him.

or bathouse boys?

8. bubbafong

bubbafong Founding Member

Don't like him. Don't respect him. Any possiblity of that was lost when he wore that shirt on national tv. I admit he's a pretty good QB, but would be be without Reggie & Co.? I'm sure he'd still be good, but I doubt he'd be all that. Confidence is a good quality, but being completely saturated with cockiness is just annoying.

Wow, what I'd have given to see Hill, Lavalais and the rest of the 03 D slam him to the ground a few times. I guess I'm glad he came back cuz maybe I'll get to see that in 05.

(okay, yeah yeah, the staying in school thing is a good thing, and I hope it's a trend that continues, but I still can't stand the guy)

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Maybe better than being the 49er's QB and getting laid out by much bigger and faster guys about 70 times a year. :wink:

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Good for him. Always good to see Star players stay in school.

Dislike USC though