Leinart will return....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

I hope he stays. Wins the Heisman again next year. USC goes undefeated again next year.

AND WE KICK THEIR ASSES IN THE NC GAME AT THE ROSE BOWL!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

My apologies. I could have sworn they said he was staying on ESPN an hour ago. I just read an article that said he's still undecided. Ooopsy.

3. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

I would think it would be physically impossible for you to know what players think about when they snap the ball. I personally think it varies from player to player. Given the scenarios surrounding Leinart's case, I would think it would be on his mind to a certain degree.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

If he stays, I'm sure he'll take out an NCAA approved insurance policy that pays off for a football career ending injury. The cap used to be one million. Does anyone know if that is still the cap limit or has it been raised? Thanks in advance.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

of course he isn't staying. no way no how.

6. Seabriscut

Seabriscut Founding Member

I think he should stay, so he make history winning 3 National Championships in a row. :angryfire :cuss: :angryfire

:crystal: :geauxtigs

7. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

I really hope he stays so he can show the nation that the last two years were just a fluke!!! :hihi:

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol my thoughts exactly. he can do nothing but hurt his draft stock so there is no way in hell he returns. it aint happenin'.

9. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Outside of having a Heisman Trophy, Whitworth is in the same situation and he decided to come back.

"Different folks......same strokes".

It's decisions like those made by Whitworth, Leinhardt, Peyton, Kevin Faulk, Marcus Spears and all the rest of the "I-choose-to-remain-in-school-and-delay-the-NFL" players, that make me even MORE a fan of college athletics than professional. Because it shows that some of these kids ARE (at least for the time being) playing for pride, their teammates, families and for their school instead of playing for money.

Players like Katzenmoyer and Clarette (funny how they're both former Ohio State players) certainly didn't play college ball to better themselves as a person and work on a degree for life after football. Both of those guys, IMO, were short-sighted, and frankly don't give a darn about their "longterm" future--only their immediate future. Sheesh! Katzenmoyer was even quoted as saying he was "majoring in football".... Don't get me wrong, some of these guys aren't cut out for college. Lots of people aren't and I understand that just 'cause someone is a good football player, it doesn't mean that they're cut out for college either--but at LEAST give 100% effort to succeed in something other than football while you're in school. If your God-given athletic ability is all you've got, and you're not cut out for college after giving it a fair chance, then, by all means, forgo your final Sr. year. Go to the NFL if that's all you have left to fall back on.

IMO, it takes the purest of player (not pressured to support a family), to make a choice to stay in school. And I respect all of them that do even more.

10. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Watch as USC loses 1-2 games next year and doesn't make it to the NC game and thus a bad season is put upon them.