Leinart will return....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tygrr, Jan 12, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

lol bad season is 1-2 games. damn i wish we could strive for that in the SEC like the fudgePAC-10.

2. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

For what the media is putting upon them....I believe it is

3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Every thing sure worked out for Peyton Manning with his decision to return for his senior year and he had already graduated from UT. If Leinart decides to come back I say kudo's for being brave and for wanting to enjoy his last year of college.

4. Geekboy

Geekboy Founding Member

Yes. Because of the Orange Bowl aberration the dumbass press has dubbed them the greatest team of all time. A two loss season would be considered a disaster for those condoms.

5. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I hate SC, and I don't like Leinart either . . . but I do wish more college JRs would do the same thing. I don't see anything wrong with Leinart wanting to come back and play out his SR year. I honestly wish we had JRs from past years that would have stayed for their SR year, it can only help the program.

I do understand the threat of injury, and so it makes sense for some of these JRs to leave early and cash in . . . but it would be better for the game if they didn't. I'm not an NFL fan, I'm a college football fan and I would like to see the best possible players on the field for 4 years, even if that means some players have to wait a year or two for their big pay day. I'm not worried about college football becoming college basketball, the NFL is not that stupid as to draft high school kids. But it seems every year JRs who are not ready for the NFL put their name in the draft pool.

So while I hate SC and don't like Leinart, I wish players at LSU would do the same thing . . . even if that means missing out on the NFL for one year longer than planned. Top programs seem to be able to keep their highly rated JRs, and I hope LSU can reach that level where a kid in his JR who could go pro decides to stick it out and make LSU better.

6. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

7. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I think it sure can't hurt to have the fact that he has to get better in order to be a first rounder. That just may stmulate him to work much harder on his technique, strength and conditioning this spring and summer.

9. TheDrunkenTiger

TheDrunkenTiger Founding Member

I have to agree with cajdav1 as Whitworth had a bit of an off year this past season. So, knowing this, he decided to stay and work on his game so he will be a first rounder next year.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Yes, way off base here.

The reasoning behind my statement comes form Whitworth's own mouth. He stated that the reason he didn't go pro this year is cause he heard he was only a second rounder. That fact alone will make him work harder and play harder next year. Nowhere in my post did I say that he loafed this year, you drew that conclusion by yourself. I'm sure he gave 100% this year, but that doesn't mean he can't work harder in the offseason and come back next year even better. He's got the motivation now.