Leonard Fournette A Top 5 SEC RB In 2014?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Christopher Smith, May 10, 2014.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

what a shocking post by you. somehow turning positives into negatives.

cajdav1 likes this.
  2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Davis of USC & Collins of Arkansas had over 1000 yards last year. Artis-Payne is AU's leading returning RB & has about 600 yards last year. As usual the SEC will have some great RB'S. I expect Davis and Collins to get the most carries & likely have the most yards.

3. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

yeah im negative bc i speak the truth-- just because you dont believe it, doesnt make it any less so.

4. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Sorry Skippy, major upgrade at OL Coaching and recruiting with Grimes. I see this years OL as something with depth. Three backups fighting for the one position? Too much good can come from this hire. The verbal coming from the JC OL shows that Grimes is doing what needs to be done. Remember this, the second player taken in this years draft, the first OL, was coached by Grimes. One of the better OL to wear the P&G Alan Faneca was in the first round and taken with the 26th pick. I see Grimes starting to change this, long overdue. LSU and Ol development has been lacking over the years, I see this changing with the addition of Grimes.

I liked this hire and talking with people I know, I like it even more.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSU may well have the best O line in college football next year. If LF turns out to be anywhere as good as he has been touted the SEC defenses will be begging for mercy. It has been said that Fournette is the best RB recruit out of high school since Adrian Peterson. But you never know if a player will live up to the hype
    We will know a lot more after the Wisconsin game

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  6. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

well, we can hope-- let me guess u think we wont have QB issues next year--- we've been having QB issues for 9/12 years-- its pretty much a given-o line can protect all day, but if the qb isnt what we expect and i dont think all WR's will be what we expect-- but hey we're gonna have a running game-- naw, no sec team would ever stack the run and make us beat them thru the air---- thats like our kryptonite for the past decade- and it's how you truly beat LSU ( not that i want that to happen) quite the contrary- one exposes a weakness in hopes of addressing it- not losing then addressing it-- les always said we start with the first game--

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

We have been having OC and OL coaching issues the past few years. I like the Ol and Cam hires, I see what your saying, but I have a little better outlook. These two coaches have been a need. I wouldn't put too much on the first game, I saw wiscy's Spring game, too big a loss in their front 7 on defense. They can stack all they want.

I do think this will be one of, if not the top OL in college football. To return 4 of 5 starters, the new coach will do a way better job in all aspects of coaching. Cam will start putting in more of what he wants to do. We did see a little in the Spring game. Like I said, we have more depth on the OL than I've seen in a long time. Can only get better.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

skippy you are dead on. theres one common denominator each and every year. I do enjoy the yahoos who overlook it since optimism helps in this lonely world. however, i cant fool myself into believing this mediocre at best qb who will be starting has much hope. we cant do shit with good qbs much less #9 2.0. That should be his jersey number actually. im with you on the offense.

b_leblanc likes this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

No one believes it. What exactly is questionable about this O-line?

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Now that is better. Quarterback issues we have. But a running game is never a negative, we have come a long way with a strong running game. The negative is lack of a passing game but no one knows this better than Les and Cam. But they have three green quarterbacks to work with so we can't really expect a veteran passing game. Nonetheless, this ain't going to be three yards and a cloud of dust. Cameron has green receivers and quarterbacks but he has a lot of them and will surely be throwing the ball around until reliable starters emerge.

LSUDad and tirk like this.