Leonard Fournette A Top 5 SEC RB In 2014?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Christopher Smith, May 10, 2014.

1. skippy737

skippy737 Founding Member

I have the utmost confidence in les-- with our running game , as always and cam in our passing-- les has the stable of rbs , as he always does and cam had a phenom qb in mett last year-- we know the system ( with the right talent) works ( im extremely worried about our defense)-- we need the level of talent at every position to be the highest we can achieve for our championship run-- this year specifically-- we play a rather, what i deem, easier sched than in years past ( with ALA having a ridiculously easy schedule)-- our truly hard games will be bama, florida aub and possibly wisconsin ( that will be a perfect early litmus test-- if we lose that one- which i dont think and hope and pray we dont) season will be lost and again- we will only go to the coveted chik fil-a bowl with prob three losses-- we cannot lose an expected "gimmie" game like ol piss like we sometimes do-
    i demand perfection and will take and accept a little luck even--- thats what les has converted me into in his tenure-- i love his and the SEC style of play- i truly believe in it and if he had all the TALENTED players at the RIGHT times, we have at least two more bcs than we do now in his era!
    our running game is easily top three-- as miles puts it--- our running game is "STOUT"- i due miss the jet sweeps with trindon and the style from keiland williams. We will always charles scott pound the ball! i think what would be nice is some play action dumps to our rbs and just let them get in space and place an emphasis in blocking and put that BIG CAT training to use!
    geaux tigers.
    prepare well and we will be rewarded.

again, im not a negatiger or whatever you folks call it ( ive mowed LSU in my lawn numerous times for the BIG games) . i speak the flat out truth that sometimes people dont want to hear- both good and bad-- im a strategist-- just because we are all not coaches , doesnt make our points any less valid-- remember that

i gotta go fly

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You speak your flat-out opinion. Only the self-righteous imagine that their opinions constitute truth. Remember that.

65Grad, ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

id rather have a great oline and inexperienced skill players than the converse. what are the chances that harris is hodson 2.0?

LSUDad likes this.
  4. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

This is exactly what's going to happen in the S.E.C.. O-Line will be better because of Grimes, but he can only do so much. I'm not as enthralled with the talent on the OL as some people are.

Miles wanted his Dual Threat QB's that can run fast. He's got em now, so he'll have to sink or swim with what he recruited. He ran off Rivers, so there's no safety valve any longer. I just know that the L.S.U. fanbase will have zero tolerance for QB's that can't effectively throw the football. We don't care if they're freshmen or sophmores. That's not our problem. Miles has been here long enough now that all the pieces should be in place, including QB. There will be a mass fan revolt if the scenario laid out by the OP actually unfolds into reality.

5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Many teams in the SEC are replacing QB's this year. People keep thinking Les and the Tigers will have that off year, odds are 10 or more wins again, as always. Cam took a 6th round draft choice and won 10 games, let him throw for over 3,000 yds.

I'll say it again, I like this OL we have this year. I could see all of them making it into an NFL camp, even a backup making it into a camp. You contol the line, you have a shot in every game.

When you convert 57% of third downs, its about calling the right play at the right time. Not easy to do in an SEC game.

Chief will have his CB's this year, something that was missing most of last year. I said last year, people better get their shots in on Chief this year, maybe the only chance they get.

Yep, odds are Les gets his 10 wins again this year. LSU has never had an OC and DC like they have now...............NEVER.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Odds are that's still behind auburn and Alabama for 3rd in the west.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Thats the huge question that everybody wants to see answered. I will never understand why Les didn't give AJ more playing time during the blowout games so he would have some game experience. So even though AJ is a sophomore and Harris is a true freshman they start out basically even. Who will emerge as the starter? Right now my money is on Harris but maybe not in the first game. He seems to have the better arm and capability to make the kind of throws needed to advance the pigskin and maybe a better instinct of when to take off running and a better pocket awareness.

LSU will be starting an inexperienced QB, a sophomore at one WR, and possibly true freshman Malachi Dupree at the other WR and true freshman Trey Quinn in the slot. Whether Leonard Fournette turns out to live up to his hype or not he is a true freshman. Of the other RBs Magee should be as good or better than last year and we can only hope that Hilliard shows some of the promise he hasn't shown since his freshman season.

Until the young talent jells and the game slows down for them the play of the O Line is monumental.

LSUDad likes this.
  8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't know the real reason Mettenberger fell to the 6th round but he has the skill set to have gone much higher. Bill Belichek took a 6th round QB and has won 3 Superbowls with him so far.

didit and LSUDad like this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Take out the cam year, when was the last time LSU lost to auburn? I'll help you with this one.......2006. We lost to them one time since 2006.

The offense of gus against Chief, less than 17 ppg. I wouldn't give barn the win just yet.

As for bama, kiffin.

Odds are, hard to see how the SEC will play out. Look who won the SEC East last year.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

You talking Hodson '87 10-1-1 or Hodson '89 4-7?

j/k