Leonard Fournette A Top 5 SEC RB In 2014?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Christopher Smith, May 10, 2014.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

And you will always be disappointed, junior. Meanwhile I'm enjoying the golden age of LSU football.

2. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

freshman hodson, just like harris is a freshman.

Winston1 and LSUDad like this.
  3. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Hopefully Travin Dural, Malachi Dupre, Trey Quinn or one of the receivers step up for Harris (or Jennings) like Wendell Davis did for Hodgson. One of the reasons for the 4-7 was no receivers for Tommy to throw to who could catch.

cajdav1 and LSUDad like this.
  4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Very similar to Bert Jones senior year since Andy had graduated the year before.

Winston1 and LSUDad like this.
  5. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Not always.

6. Christopher Smith

Christopher Smith Freshman

I think LSU will have a terrific running game this year. I just think that the Tigers will spread the wealth a bit and it's hard to imagine Fournette getting the number of carries it would take to be Top 5 in the conference in rushing yards this season barring injury. Alabama and Georgia are two of several other SEC teams with terrific backfield depth, but I expect their leading rushers to top Fournette's total. Even though Georgia has other options, Gurley may be the best running back in the country when healthy.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. Christopher Smith

Christopher Smith Freshman

This isn't meant to be a classic online/internet troll here, but those other three you've never heard of aren't "nobodies." Mike Davis easily was the third-most talented player for SC last year behind Clowney and Shaw, and that's being generous to Shaw. He could lead the conference in rushing this year and I wouldn't bat an eye.

Obviously there's more to life than SEC football, and 'd never judge someone's value off of that notion. But it's a bit of an indictment in terms of your value to a discussion on SEC running backs if you've never heard of Davis. Alex Collins I could understand because Arkansas was decrepit last season, but he's the lead back in a Bret Bielema offense and rushed for more than 1,000 yards a year ago.

8. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

And then?

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Based on what? Explain what logic makes you imagine that LSU will "spread the wealth" yet equally deep Bama and Georgia will not. I think you just hope that Les will not play the most heralded high-school running back since Adrian Peterson.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Les has always spread the wealth at RB, too much in fact. Hopefully Fournette will help him break that trend.