Leonard Fournette A Top 5 SEC RB In 2014?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Christopher Smith, May 10, 2014.

1. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Hill was the GTBack last year without question. The only reason anyone else got carries was b/c of the fight and to give Hill rest.

red55 likes this.
  2. ROY_LA_CA

ROY_LA_CA Founding Member

Les does NOT always spread the wealth at RB --- Look at LSU's last two games: Against Iowa - With a green QB starting, Jeremy Hill had 28 rushing attempts for 216 yards (7.3 average). The game before that, Arkansas, Hill had 20 attempts for 145 yards (7.3 yards). My guess is that if Fournette is up to it, he'll get the chance to shine by year's end. Although, I sure would like to see our QBs do a bit of shining where we don't have to overly depend on just rushing.

Here's a game by game recap for Hill last year...
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/16803/type/college/jeremy-hill

LSUDad likes this.
  3. plotalot

plotalot Veteran Member

What you don't remember Jacob Hester in 2007?

LSUDad likes this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

When Les has a marquee back . . . he gets the ball.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

When we have one rb that is way more productive we usually see them get the lion's share of the carries over the course of the season.

This has to be one of the very few times we have had a returning rb who averaged over 7 yards per carry not get much recognition. While I do believe LF will get a lot of carries I also believe TM will get a bunch early in the season.

LSUDad likes this.
  6. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

sorry that i don't know every single player in the "great" SEC.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

2011 was the odd year b/c no one back really separated themselves. In 2010 it was Ridley; 2008-2009 - Scott (2009 was just a terrible year rushing the ball) and 2007 Hester. K-Williams never got it going much.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

So often LSU back arrive in the NFL with more tread of the tires. At LSU Les and Frank like to bring in a fresh guy, you find many times less turnover (Fumbles). It won't take long for LF to get into the mix, does too many things too well. Magee and Hilliard will get worked in also. But in my years following players, this is one to keep an eye on. A guy with speed, size, power, field vision, like I said, too many things. Cam will know how and when to use him. I go back to what I've been saying. You look at what Cam did on third down last year, you look at what he did with Magee. If Cam had never made it to LSU, Magee would have finished at WR and a forgotten player. Now, Magee will have a good shot at geting into an NFL camp.

didit and red55 like this.