Leonard Fournette Injured

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal014, Aug 16, 2016.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

How many people do you know from CO?

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

A few. Have spent some time there.

3. COTiger

I guess it's an age difference thing, but my friends & I don't sit around and talk about weed for hours.

shane0911 likes this.
  4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Or at least they don't remember when they did

TheRealist and furduknfish like this.
  5. COTiger

I remember. It was Nam in '69. Got a buzz. I prefer beer or booze.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

One bourbon, one scotch and one beer

7. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

I understand what your saying Shane, I just prefer to do it as I go. Maybe because retirement offers a great deal of time to do it that way.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

And I have no issue with that, none at all. I'm fact, if I had all the time in the world I might see things differently. My contention is "my flour and oil is better than someone else's flour and oil" it really show the inexperience in some of the so called "chefs" round here.

If you want to talk about ingredients, or different recipes or baking vs grill vs stove then we have something to talk about. To take such a strong stance against something that can really only be made 1 way (excluding the bacon grease children) is pretty oh I don't know, pointless. When they buy a jar they will hate it, they will kick and scream and be all sorts of upset because they will know I am right.

Sweat and love. Give me a break.!

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

as is he. just lazy as f.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Only one way shane? Really, you should get out more often

http://www.finecooking.com/articles/how-to-make-roux.aspx

A rich béchamel sauce, a classic clam chowder, and a spicy gumbo may not seem to have much in common. Yet all three are thickened with a cooked mixture of flour and fat known as roux. Roux (pronounced "roo") is one of the cornerstones of sauce-making and it's made in three versions: white, blond, and brown (see photos at right).

Most recipes call for equal weights of fat and flour, but making roux is not an exact science. Experienced cooks often add the flour until it looks right. A colleague describes perfect roux as "wet sand at low tide": moist but not runny.

As a roux cooks, it gets darker and its flavor becomes more complex. It's important to understand, however, that as a roux colors, it loses its ability to thicken because the starch in the flour is broken down by the heat. You'll need more brown roux than blond roux to thicken the same amount of liquid. A truly dark roux won't thicken at all.

How to Make a Roux
    Relat

Begin by heating the fat. Butter is used most often, but different tastes and traditions call for different fats, including vegetable oil, clarified butter, lard, or duck fat. Once the butter is melted, add the flour and stir until smooth. Coating the flour with fat prevents it from forming lumps when mixed with a liquid.