Leonard Fournette "Sports Illustrated" Video

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tigerchick46, Jun 26, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Dorsey was born in Gonzales, Louisiana. He attended East Ascension High School in Gonzales, where he was rated among the nation's top defensive linemen and one of the top three prospects in the state. He was named Louisiana’s 4A Defensive Player of the Year and a first-team 4A all-state selection. During his junior year, Dorsey had more than 100 tackles, and 12 sacks. As a senior he missed three games due to an ankle injury, and finished the season with 43 tackles, two sacks and one forced fumble.

Considered a four-star recruit by Rivals.com, Dorsey was listed as the No. 5 defensive tackle prospect in the nation in 2004.[1] Dorsey committed to Louisiana State on the eve of his junior season.

As for Spears:

Spears was born in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. He was a highly sought-after two-sport athlete in the country following his senior season at Southern University Lab High School in Baton Rouge. On the football field, he was rated as the top tight end prospect in America and the third-best overall prospect after earning high school All-America honors. He was named first-team Class 1A all-state selection on both offense and defense following his senior season, becoming the first player to be honored on both in Louisiana since 1991. He finished his final prep season with 28 receptions for 435 yards and three touchdowns and 245 rushing yards and six touchdowns on offense and 22 tackles for losses, 11.5 sacks and four fumble recoveries on defense.

saban showed him what TE's made in the NFL and what the pay was for DE's in the NFL. That was the wake up call.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Uh, too late

VampMuse likes this.
  3. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

I understand the tempered expectations expressed here. There have been many players who didn't live up to the hype. Fournette is the type of player who doesn't come around very often. His physical skills are incredible. His character is even more impressive. This guy is already a leader. He has the perspective of something bigger than himself. He is working for a greater cause and football is just the vehicle. The young man has been blessed with more than his football talents and I believe that Tiger Nation has yet to fully understand just what kind of player and person he is.

LSUDad, TigerTap, cajdav1 and 2 others like this.
  4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

And how could we? We will know by December if he is the real deal.

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

I'm sure you are right, but this exact post could be found over and over in the Russel Shepard threads prior to is freshman season with a huge drop off in excitement after his sophomore year, including comments about physical AND leadership qualities. LF may pan out, he's a lot bigger than RS, and that alone predicts better, but I'm with Tiga, I'll wait before getting too excited. Doesn't mean I'm not excited, and anticipating w/positivity, just a bit tempered. Following the Saints for 40 years, and LSU recruiting closely, does that to people, LOL.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Thanks. I got him mixed up with Hester.

LSUDad likes this.
  7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

If you aren't getting at least a little excited about Fournette RIGHT NOW, then that is certainly your choice to make and nothing is wrong with it.

For myself, I enjoy watching his highlights and day dreaming about him living up to the lofty expectations. Sure, the possibility exists that he doesn't pan out but ignoring his potential RIGHT NOW doesn't seem that fun.

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Yep, Hester was the two star player, he brought our team rankings down that year by signing him. He's one of those players that could have played on the defensive side of the ball. Look at when he played special teams. Recording tackles, with his Soph. season recording 14. The guy was just a football player.

9. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

And we stole him from Mack!

LSUDad and Pintoracer like this.
  10. Pintoracer

Pintoracer Somewhere in The Matrix

Yep, Hester initially commited to Texas! I had forgot about that.