Les is more!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GEAUX TIGERS, Oct 6, 2007.

1. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

No shocker here, but one of the announcers said it best after the go-ahead touchdown and win...

"Nick Saban Who?" as Les Miles was running into the field. Wow, is all I have to say. In many ways, the COACHing staff won this game IN SPITE of the players (i.e., if we didn't have all the dropped passes, missed field goals we would have won easily).

What do I mean? By all accounts, Florida "looked" like the better coached team for most of the game. Less penalties. Mix on offense. Tebow looked pretty unstoppable. But, in the second half, the "hat" outcoached the "genius". Managing the clock in the end with his ball control and showing off the cohoones, BUT, the key flat out was his inspiring his kids, getting them to believe, and unrelenting drive for the W. I think the 5 fourth down calls are getting all of the attention on this thread, but I believe it's more the unwavering attitude prior to halftime, the speech in the locker room ("I believe in y'all"), and the staff's foresight to say, we're going to run this thing, wear Florida down, play our game, focus and let's just ram it down their throat. You could see that the defense was a little challenged last night and reeling and they NEEDED stability from the offense last night to pull out the W. Flynn, Hester and the line did that in the second half.

Coaching, senior leadership and attitude was the key to this game.

Congrats Les Miles... under the shadow no more. Now, let's see if he moves up the "coaching lists" and the "genius" moves down--it's time for the media to wise up too. :D
    :hihi:
    :grin:
    :)
    :yelwink2:
    ;)
    Ok, so here's the question though.... are LSU fans happy if the "other coach" finds a way to win in a few weeks in Tuscaloosa? Is beating Meyer enough? :redface: :dis:

2. Crystal_lsu

Crystal_lsu Founding Member

Grrrrr......sorry.....damn crackberry! Anyway...I agree LES MILES is THE MAN!!!! He seems to just be an all around awesome person. He's a fantastic coach, seems to be a nice guy, but get him fired up and he'll tell you to *#!@ off! I'm so proud to have such a big balla' as our coach :)

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

My husband suggested a resolution for the state of Louisiana: "Henceforth, all boudin balls will be called Miles Balls in honor of the coaching performance of October 6, 2007."

4. Crystal_lsu

Crystal_lsu Founding Member

That's genius!! I love it! Lol! :)

5. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

:lol:

6. PhilosophyAskew

PhilosophyAskew Founding Member

My grandfather was at LSU back in '56-'59 during the Cannon years. So he's been around the block when it comes to LSU football. He's always followed the team through thick and thin. Season ticket holder for like 40yrs. Going to games when nobody went. Always quick to downplay my and my uncle's hopes of the Tigers of being National Champ contenders.

Talked to him about the game today, specifically about the risky play-calls; he said Miles defined himself as the coach of the Tigers, any doubt erased. I was expecting him to say something along the lines of "what if it didn't work," "too risky", etc, etc.

Instead he said, "Sometimes you just gotta define yourself, as a man, a player, a team, and in this case, a coach."

I think we did all of those last night. Thanks CLM for the fond memories and many more to come! :geauxtige :champs: :crystal:

1 person likes this.
  7. PURPLE TIGER

PURPLE TIGER HOPE is not a strategy!

Since Les arrived at LSU, only one school has had a better record than us.

Ohio State 28-3
    LSU 28-4
    USC 27-4
    West Virginia 27-4

That's pretty damn good! :geauxtige