Les is not great

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Sep 5, 2010.

1. flabengal

flabengal Founding Member

Yes, a good idea...but so was communism. Under our admittedly shrinking free market system no decent coach would agree to such a contract because he can get a guaranteed contract somewhere else.

That is unless, we could get Obama to appoint a "NCAA Head Coach Pay Czar" to make sure that...wait, uh...that's a really bad idea.

How about instead we lobby the United Nations to put together a panel of economic experts to determine the true worth of a college football coach, because the UN has a really good track record with these types of panels. Um, wait....scratch that idea.....I've got a better one.

How about we do what we always have done until now. If you can find some group of people fool enough to guarantee a man 4 million dollars a year for 7 years to teach college kids how to line up in an orderly fashion and try to knock the daylights out of the other kids wearing the dark jerseys....then that's their problem to figure out how to pay him, not ours.

2. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

The season opener in 2005 was huger factor not only because of Katrina but mostly because LSU was learning Pelini's defense. As far as Keller goes, after our game ASU had USC beat up by 21 at the half, but they choked it away. Keller was the real deal in 2005 and absolutely was not benched. He suffered a season ending injury against Oregon in game 7. His backup did a great job to finish the season and beat him out in 2006 which prompted Keller to quit ASU and transfer to Nebraska. He never regained his form, but in early 2005 Keller was for real. If you want to trash Miles, so be it. But the comparison in this case is fiction from start to finish.

I agree that Yates has been pretty bad in the games I've seen him and I'm ticked off that he put up that kind off yardage against us. Our D-line looked good against their starting O-line at times, and that should have been all that our "standout" secondary needed to shut UNC down.

I actually wanted Southern Miss to beat us in 94 and Houston to beat us in 99. In both cases I knew that the greater good was a regime change. I'm just not there yet with Miles, but if we have more lapses like the UNC 4th quarter, I'll be heading there.

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Masoli has been there working with this team all fall.
    he played yesterday.
    they still lost.

they lost. at home. against a 1-AA school.
    something LSU hasn't done since the invention of 1-AA

don't even attempt to sugarcoat that.

1 person likes this.
  4. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

When? For a couple of minutes? I saw him in OT, but it looked to me like #12 played the vast majority of the game.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

him and #12 had the same number of pass attempts, and masoli had more rushing attempts.

so he was in on more non-handoffs than #12 was.

6. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Take away two big plays for 172 yards and his numbers aren't that great. I see those as collapse in the coverage and not the skill of the NC QB...

7. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Ahh... I see it in the box score now. To be fair, he was put in and pulled out. It may be different when he is the full-time guy, rather than switching him up. Then again, maybe he won't be settled in for another season.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

too early for me to agree with those statements. the downslide of the last two yrs has coincided with green QBs. JJ is no longer green, but evaluating his play this season based on a one game is rash. that being said, i saw no improvement in JJ, but lsu did go to the TE (i know its small, but its something)

9. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

Tirk, If I could get my point across as well as you just did mabe people on this board would like me. You nailed it.

1 person likes this.
  10. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I tried to tell everyone that a long time ago- you were one of the few who agreed back then. Dude's a dweeb.

LSU should be a freaking offensive machine but our second year starter still cannot run an option...AN OPTION. I won't even go into progressions but it all goes back to the fact that it seems the game still hasn't slowed down for him.

I did see SOME improvement in that he did look more comfortable in his sloppiness, overall, but in a crunch he gets his feet dancing- you can see him ticking.

1 person likes this.