Les Mile Press Conference

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 12, 2011.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

It was in his original contract. so I wouldn't be surprised if it's in this new one.

He didn't start at 3.5 mil. He got that after 07'.

2. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I read if he wins another one he will get one dollar more than highest paid cfb coach. Bet he's licking his chops with tyrannasaurus playing like he has and the young runningbacks showing so much promise. The team is set to roll next year. We beat Oregon first game next year we will be top 3 in the polls easy.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Apparently it wasn't. So when the dust settles, Les gets to keep his job as LSU head coach.

On the positive side, shouldn't take long to figure his agents cut.

4. TGer'nLHornLand

TGer'nLHornLand Founding Member

Thought this was one of the more interesting questions/answers of the day, actually. Puts into perspective what it's like being a follower and coach of LSU sports (esp Football)...

"On if he ever felt underappreciated when he received criticism early in the season...
    "Criticism is a position that in the position I hold, I certainly have to understand. At times my inability to communicate exactly what's going on or how we are going to address it and why is based on what is best for the program. If you look back on some of the issues throughout the season, the only thing that the coach may well have done very, very well was protect his team, and at times that's the most important job that you have. Frankly, that's the position I have, and that would be the same, in my mind, in any number of places. I am against booing. Booing is not something that I have ever done nor that I understand. It's the antithesis -- that means the opposite -- of positive. Booing is completely and entirely negative, but somebody spoke about another great institution that was not having a great year and said that in fact there was not any of that in the crowd. I smiled and gave thought to that. First of all, I said, 'How positive that is that those people did not do that.' Then I thought about my stadium, and I said, 'I bet you those people don't scream loudly when a great play is made. I bet you those people don't show up at the walk. I bet you those people don't sing the alma mater at the end of the game, and I bet you those people don't have tears in their eyes when the Tigers take the field.' I began to understand that as a part of love and appreciation for a team, just occasionally 2,500 knuckleheads might boo. I think I might want to be at a place where they care greatly for the work that you do and that it's important that you do it well. If that means that very rarely one or two guys might boo, I kind of understand."

On the one hand, you sort of wish "some" of the LSU fans were more civilized, on the other hand, that comes with the territory at LSU.

Now, Trent needs to find those passionate fans... :)

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

They are there, all he has to do is win games and they will surface.

6. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

I've said it before, but it bears repeating: winning and consistent success tend to solve a lot of those problems for a coach. A respectable SEC record this season will plant some of those seeds.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

nice try gumpster. you should know better.

8. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Les said"then I thought about MY stadium". That says it all folks. This is Les's team , school and his kids. This is his baby. He is our Bo and LSU is his Michigan. May his reign be a successful one.