Les Miles' best ever recruit at LSU is. . .

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 12, 2014.

1. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

Getting the right coordinators in place is a big deal. Wtf took so long?

I think we all know the co-coordinator shit didn't work.

2. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Easy, both had jobs

cajdav1 likes this.
  3. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'd say it is probably not too easy to find the perfect fits. But Miles has done fairly well in picking guys. Bo and Crowton helped bring us a national title, he hired Chief as soon as he became available and got Cam.

The experiment with the co-dc's didn't work obviously but he made the correct decision immediately. Then Krags' illness put Les in a bind that was beyond his control. I guess he didn't have to keep Stud as OC but it would have been awfully hard to demote him after going 13-1 the season before. And he did go after Cam immediately after the next season.

Hopefully we can keep this team intact for a few years, guess it will depend on what kind of offers Cam gets as I don't think Chief is going anywhere.

4. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

I'd like to see another couple of seasons with him at the helm of the offense before we go that far and name him the best recruit ever under Miles... but from the looks of the offense in year one, things are looking up.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I'm going with JC Copeland. Many a TD or other big gains by the RB's would not have been without him laying the wood to some fool that got in his way.

GregLSU likes this.
  6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Cam has his work cut out for him this season. We'll see how big a difference he will be able to make with a young raw QB.

7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/226156-antwaan-randel-el-the-freshman-that-changed-a-program

To Add: Randle El became the first player in NCAA Division I history to pass for 40 career touchdowns and score 40 career rushing touchdowns. He finished his college career as fifth on the all-time NCAA total yardage list, and became the first player in college football history to record 2,500 total yards for each of four consecutive years.

Oh, Cams OC there was former LSU Asst. Hal Hunter.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I really have a lot of faith in Cam's ability to develope at least one of these 3 into a very good qb. I wish he could work with them over the summer though.

All 3 of these guys are bred to be qb's instead of athletes who are being converted to the position. Whoever developes the most over the summer will get most reps in fall camp. Harris going out west to work with the qb guru might give him the edge.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Because he's been doing it at such a high level for so long it's just expected by most and he goes about it so quietly. Cam may prove to be the bigger hire in the end, but Miles had to do a much bigger recruiting job to get Chief than he did with Cam IMO. Plus he has done an outstanding job for longer than one season. That being said, I hope we hang on to both of them for a long time.

10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes, hard to complain about best in the nation.

b_leblanc and LSUDad like this.