Les Miles' best ever recruit at LSU is. . .

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Apr 12, 2014.

1. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

4 top skill positions gone. Looks like this year Cam is gonna have to rely on his tight ends a little more. Is this the year we go a little more tight end heavy in the pass game?

Will Fournette start by season's end? He should get plenty of PT. This season is gonna be interesting, given the outgoing class, the incoming class, and the best OC in the conference.

LSUDad likes this.
  2. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Based on the video we saw of Fournette, and the hype, I'd say by the 4th game he's getting the lion's (or is it Tiger's share for us?) share of the carries. The kid is a beast, and it won't take long to prove it.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. BP

BP Founding Member

You give posters on here far too little credit. Several could do it in the morning before breakfast and not break a sweat.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  4. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I'm expecting to see a lot of two and three TE formations this year for both pounding the ball and play action. I believe we'll see more of Cam's creativity this upcoming season.

ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

People who have seen him play say that he will be the starter by the end of the first quarter against Wisconsin. But incoming freshmen have always been pumped up by hype and often get a cold dash of water in the face when facing Division I competition. Still, I expect the freshman running back to do better than the freshman quarterback or the freshman receivers.

Kal-El012 and b_leblanc like this.
  6. b_leblanc

b_leblanc That's just my game...

From what I've seen of him, he definitely seems to be ahead of the curve. A man among boys in high school.

Of course, I remember people saying the same thing about Russell Shepard on here when he was first coming in.

red55 and LSUDad like this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

I saw Shepard play 5 times before he made it to LSU, not in the same class, not even close. When people say LF and Adrian Peterson in the same breath, whole different ball game. Plus one thing you have at LSU that we've never had, Cam.

8. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

LF really is a one in a lifetime guy. He will do good because he is good and because we will most likely have the best Oline in the SEC.

b_leblanc, ParadiseiNC and LSUDad like this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

This year Cam will use more of the NFL Route Tree, last year much of this wasn't needed due to the two guys LSU had on the outside (OBJ and Landry). DeSean Smith at 6'4" 245#'s creates a mismatch, a LB'er is too slow, CB too small, so the Safety has to come up. When a QB makes his reads, he knows where the balls going. Go back an look at Mett last year, right before OBJ made his turn, the ball wasn't long to getting there.

The good thing, Harris is getting a full week of coaching by George Whitfield, thanks in part to Cam. George learned under Cam, its the least he could do for an old friend.

The TE's and OL are the strengths right now, in the Fall, things will change. People didn't get a good chance to see Cam's offense last year, too many things he could ride, Mett, OBJ, Hill and Landry. A great OC sees what he has and uses it.

cajdav1 and ParadiseiNC like this.
  10. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Brandon Harris is also a work horse. This kid is not lazy in the slightest, and is a "team" player before individual accolades. He will take it upon himself to do what he needs to in the off season to polish his rough edges. From one of the coaches in the area here, Harris was said to be the most coachable player they ever had the pleasure to coach.

TigerTap, b_leblanc and LSUDad like this.