Les Miles Future at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WinnfieldTiger, Nov 21, 2009.

1. WinnfieldTiger

WinnfieldTiger Founding Member

Rose color it all you want but how many games have we lost due to clock management?

Any CEO, manager, boss, or even the lowest guy on the totem pole who has screwed up as much as Les has would be fired, be it Microsoft or McDonalds.

No excuse. I well recall his first game vs. Tennessee. Several other times he's pulled this inefficient, mismanagement style. It has cost us several games under during his tenure.

It is as though he is not even in the game.

A big business (and yes, LSU football is big business) should not have anyone at the helm who cannot run the show.

And don't start the rah-rah "bunch of college kids,etc." routine, we don't see this elsewhere in the SEC, do we?

Sad to post this as I think he is a very nice fellow, a good man, and would be great in another conference with another team.

1 person likes this.
  2. careeves

careeves Freshman

Re: Fire Les Miles

I wonder how many of you now think Les Miles is a better coach than Nick Saban?

1 person likes this.
  3. WinnfieldTiger

WinnfieldTiger Founding Member

Thinking back, all season long we have had to use time outs all too frequently.

I guess we can blame this on the QB but how many high school teams have to do this. You simply line up and run the play.

Not us. We line up, run time off the clock, THEN call a time out. That is unless we manage several delay penalties during the game, which we did tonight.

I can't blame our kids for throwing in the towel when a coaching staff costs them the game. Several games.

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Miles to Jordy just now: "The want to call a timeout was communicated, but not to the field."

WTF does that mean? My days of supporting this guy are over. No excuse for what happened today. Not just the poor clock management, but the way we got manhandled on both sides of the ball by a team with less talent, as has happened numerous times over the last 2 seasons. He's got to go.

5. JaxTigFan

JaxTigFan Founding Member

At this point LSU's best decision would be to fire Miles, otherwise our recruiting is SHOT!!

6. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

miles sounded even stupider..yes stupider just now during the press conference

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

All of us. Come back when your coach manages to win a championship for you.

8. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

That whole press conference was hard to listen to. Miles couldn't even form complete sentences. Jordy was literally having prompt him with the words he couldn't find. Then he said, "I don't know how that clock play got called." How does he not know how a play was called?

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

From a Character perspective its not even close.

1 person likes this.
  10. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

This is DAY 1 coaching stuff here...

Even if the play calling on 2nd and 3rd down was bad when we were already in FG range...

Even if he waited 17 secs to call a timeout on 3rd down.....

Even if he DID NOT USE THE TIMEOUT TO GET THE FG UNIT READY if the pass was only for a 1st down...

Even if you can get past ALL OF THIS

WHY DID HE NOT GET A PLAY INTO JEFFERSON TO RUN AT THE END FOR AT LEAST THE CHANCE OF A TD?????

I am done with him!!

If Pitt had not beaten WVU in 07 I think LSU would have fired him this week and finished the season with an interim coach!!!!!