Les Miles Future at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WinnfieldTiger, Nov 21, 2009.

1. TigerMac

TigerMac Freshman

Re: Fire Les Miles

If les miles gets fired, how about the TCU coach?

2. Goldmember

Goldmember Founding Member

I've thought about this hard and I have to say I would steer my son to another school at this point. My son is only 7 and probably not a good chance of ever being recruited by any school for anything (too early to tell).
    I bleed purple and gold as much if not more than any Tiger fan around and it would be a dream come true if my son could play any sport in any capacity for LSU. But at this point I would honestly keep him away from the LSU football program if he were a sought after recruit at this time.

3. levite

levite proud LSU alum

with all due respects ...this was the worst coaching performance I have seen by ANY coach this year....i:rolleye33:

4. Bayouuu

Bayouuu Freshman

Spiking the ball with 1 second on the clock was Miles waving the white flag.

5. bigdaddy52

bigdaddy52 Freshman

Character is the issue in the Auburn game when Miles put the 1st team defense in at the end. That's not only low class but exposes you as weak and foolish when Auburn scores on you.

6. Goldmember

Goldmember Founding Member

Moron, It was an attempt to kill the clock and kick the game winning FG. Only the snap was too late due to horrible coaching.

7. levite

levite proud LSU alum

Gary Patterson from TCU would be the best coach in the nation to get for us....however....WE BETTER HURRY....Kansas State is after him big time.:lsup:

8. fireleslie

fireleslie Freshman

Fire Miles!

I have not like this guy from the get go. Everyone says he has had a good record at LSU, but the 11+ win seasons of 05, 06, and 07 were all because of good recruiting by Saban. Even the worst of coaches couldnt ruin the all around great team Saban had developed. Last season the Saban recruits were gone and we lost 5 games and now we are a mediocre team heading towards another 4 to 5 loss season.

But recruiting hasnt been the worst part of his time at LSU. LSU is such a big name-we win championships- team that it can recruit on its own. Thats why we still attract great players like Shepard, Lafell, and Toliver. I will say though that I think too little effort is put into bringing in good lineman and thats where a coach needs to step in and notice that deficiency. Any mediocre running back can run the ball well when his line opens holes for him. And a good defensive line can give you pass pressure, protect from the run, and therefore allow your secondary to focus on thier job.

Miles sucks because he is a horrible coach in game and on the practice field. Horrible time management is just the first of his problems that were clearly evident today. Even the offensive play calling was horrible, which is supposed to be his strong suit. Why were we going for long passes after the Lafell screen that put us in field goal range?? Just play short hook passes or run the ball you dolt!! Any pee-wee league coach could see that. And I attribute the sack on Jefferson to Miles also. If he was properly coached the guy would have been told in a situation like that to throw the ball within 2 seconds- just dont stand in the pocket and waste time off the clock and dont take a sack- again short passes.

This whole season shows his inability to coach a team with good talent at special positions. He has no idea how to use great talent like Shepard or Lafell. Great talent is only usefull if it leads to a great player, and great players arent born they are made. His team seems less and less disciplined each game. This years Alabama game could have been won if it werent for all the penalties. If Im correct all three of Alabama's forth quarter scoring drives were kept alive by LSU penalties. I remember after a game pre-Miles, Saban said each player was going to run a mile for each penalty they made in a game that was lost on penalties. Thats what i wanted to hear from Miles. (Now i dont like Saban as much as any other LSU fan but you got to give it to him. The man is a brilliant coach.) All of the late game wins show the skill of our players who shine when it counts, but to dominate a game for 60 minutes like Alabama or Florida, that takes great coaching of great players.

From recruiting to player development to play making to game management Coach Miles is a complete failure.

Coach Leslie your time has come to get the hell out of Baton Rouge!
    Fire Miles!

9. Bayouuu

Bayouuu Freshman

Stop the clock with 0.5 seconds on the clock? right genius.

10. tony-lejune

tony-lejune Freshman

it's time for miles to go back up north and be a wolverine like he wanted in the first place, remember nick saban hand picked miles went he left for the nfl; he knew if he came back saban he could beat miles any day time to join together and get rid of miles.........