Les Miles gets more money in new 5 year deal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUalum24, Jul 12, 2006.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I stand corrected He was going to make more because he had just signed a new contract.

"Miles recently signed a new, long-term contract worth $1.5 million a year. LSU Athletic Director Skip Bertman, who did not return a call Saturday, said last week he was prepared to pay in the $2 million range for a coach. Saban would have made $2.4 million in 2005 had he stayed"

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

That's right, douche. 1 season with a good record predicts everlasting success. Predicting a curve based on one point is a common mathematical procedure. Remember the legendary LSU coach Mike Archer. Learn from past successes, man.

Seriously, I would hate to lose Miles right now. He is our coach and we have to stand with him. A five year deal seems like a safe length of time to judge Miles, and with this new deal Miles feels more secure in this job. Here's to Miles leading LSU into legend. Not being sold on Miles, all this is a little tough to say, but he is our man right now, and he led us to 11 wins despite the hurricane, with that nice cherry on top of the 'Canes.

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Yeah, I thought so. I did not have any articles with the information though so that's why I was asking.

So he did indeed take a 250k per year pay cut to come to LSU. Of course it works out to his advantage now after the success he's had. However, we all know nothing is certain with a coach's job stability. So leaving a long term higher paying contract behind was commendable.

4. TwistedTiger

Leaving OSU for LSU was a no brainer no matter what the pay. It was like moving from triple A to the big league, if you are any type of serious coach you don't even have to think for a second about it.

5. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

He had the confidence in himself to come to LSU. Then he showed that confidence in recruiting on a short schedule and coaching throughout a challenging and sometimes awkward season. Since then, he's continued to produce in recruiting.

You act as if he was guaranteed a better situation. Had he gone 6-5, there would be little chance of him ever getting a better contract situation than he had at OSU.

So yes, it was commendable for him to take a chance and play with the big boys at LSU.

6. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

And nothin from clair either, I ain't buyin it...

7. TwistedTiger

He wasn't guaranteed a better situation he was HANDED a better situation. It did not guarantee that he would have continued success but the situation he inherited was unbelievably better, no doubt about it.

8. desitiger

desitiger Founding Member

thats just like phil jackson..he was handed shaq and kobe and look where he took them...he was hand pippen and jordan and look where he took them...so yes he was handed great talent...but you can have great talent and still suck if the coaching isnt right.

9. clair

clair Rockets

bingo... just look at Tennessee last season...

10. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

For you Miles haters, this IS a shorter deal than the original one! :hihi:

I can't imagine losing sleep over something like this. But I do enjoy trying to imagine people getting bent out of shape about this.