Les Miles gets more money in new 5 year deal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUalum24, Jul 12, 2006.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Ferentz's new salary takes him to $2.84 million through 2012.
    This past year, by playing a January bowl game, meeting attendance goals, and graduating 84% of his seniors on time, he bonused out at $3.25 mil.

You're LSU..... and far from a $1.25 mil coach. Miles will earn his $1.7 - $1.8.
    Just hope a year from now he's worth $2.5.... and you're so pleased, you think it should be more!!!!!

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Are you always like this?

3. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

It seems that he is not actually getting a raise this year.

The performance bonuses do increase and his media compensation will go up next year. I am puzzled by the "$400,000 from release of accrued funds". Is this bonus that he has already earned?

4. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

Fullmer has proved that he can maintain a winning program in the SEC east that competes with UGA and FLA every year for a spot in the SEC champ game. He isn't a great coach, but Fullmer usually takes his team to a pretty good bowl game on a consistant basis. My guess is last year their were a bunch of thugs on Tenn that were uncoachable. Everytime I watched them play they all seemed to play for themselves. That is a sign of a coach not doing his job though when his team are all playing for themselves, so I think it was a combination of those that really hurt them.

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I'm happy for Coach Miles and his family. Keep up the good work coach. Geaux Tigers!

6. LSUfreshman21

LSUfreshman21 Founding Member

I like the idea of giving him a 5year deal though. This allows him plenty of time to recruit the type of players he wants to have in his system and to settle down in this conference. Last year was a big learning year for LM of what to expect coaching in the SEC.

7. Broke

Broke Founding Member

I am still perplexed by the theory of "renegotiating" a contract. Isn't a contract by definitition an agreement of two or more people to complete a task or set of tasks in a set amount of time for a set amount of dollars? I still think renegotiating is BS. The way it usually goes is:

1. I had a great year, let's talk about renegotiating for more money.
    2. We had 5 losses this year. Pay cut my a**, we have a contract.

8. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

What in the world are you talking about???? I really like Miles and hope he stays for a long time. I think he did an outstanding job his first season but he would have been a complete idiot to stay at OSU and not come to LSU and he was indeed handed a program in great great shape, what do you disagree about?

9. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

What makes you think Miles wanted to renegotiate?

How about unemployed? I'm sure you'll be saying don't fire Miles because he has a contract!:hihi:

Contracts are made to be renegotiated or broken...

10. Broke

Broke Founding Member

If you read my post it says, this is the way it usually goes. I said nothing about it being his idea. And being unemployed comes with a buyout clause which is usually stipulated to in the contract. Contracts are designed to be renegotiated when the term is up. Broken contracts usually involve attorneys and many days in court.