Les Miles gets more money in new 5 year deal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUalum24, Jul 12, 2006.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Get over it. It happens everyday in the real world. It's nothing new.

Man, there is no satisfying some of you...

2. Broke

Broke Founding Member

Sorry to disagree but in my real world, if I make a promise or contractual agreement and then fail to follow through, my head is on the chopping block and it literally costs me thousands of dollars. Sports world is full of do-overs. Real world is not. I just think agents, coaches, and players live in happy, happy, renegotiate world. That's not the way it works out here( In Financial Planning Ville). I bring this down to simple ethics. You made a business decision, stick with it until completition. If your boss wants you to renegotiate, then entertain all offers:thumb:

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Guess that makes me unethical since I renegotiated my employment contract numerous times when I had a real job in corporate america. Gotta love capitalism!:grin:

I'll help you renegotiate your employment contract, if you got one. LSU fans get a discount!:hihi:

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

So you've never:
    Changed cell phone plans
    Bought bonds and sold them before term
    refinanced your house
    traded a financed car early
    consolidated loans

You da man!!:yelwink2:

5. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Fulmer is a great coach. I hope Tennessee keeps him forever. Good for the tigers. :thumb: I just hope Miles doesn't turn out to be a Fulmer.

6. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Sports is a very volatile and competitive industry. That is how it goes. The world doesn't always follow set guidelines. That is why capitalism is so efficient.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I think an overlooked aspect of Miles' 1st season was the 9 game winning streak following a demoralizing loss to Tennessee. That showed me something. Many can't get over losing a game we had seemingly put away, but looking at the larger picture shows a staff that can coach. Show him the money.

8. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I don't have any big problem with the new contracts, although I was a bit surprised at Mainieri getting a rise without even playing a game. And what about Pokey? Considering the fact that she went to the Final Four the last three straight years and won two SEC championships, I feel she was seriously slighted. Only a $15,000 increase. That, IMO, was a bit of a slap in the face.

9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

It looks like it may not be about Les at all. The BOS votes today on a package to adjust coaches pay across the board including incentive bonuses intended to make LSU nationally competitive in salaries. So Skip is cheap, eh?

From The morning Advocate:

LSU coaches await vote on deals, raises

New NCAA stats could catch cash

By SCOTT RABALAIS
    Advocate sportswriter
    Published: Jul 13, 2006

LSU is planning big raises and new packages for many of its coaches, rewarding them for past successes — and betting on more.

If passed today by the LSU Board of Supervisors’ Athletic Committee and approved by the full board Friday, 13 of LSU’s 14 head coaches and seven assistants in basketball and baseball will be getting raises or new packages.

The list includes LSU football coach Les Miles, men’s basketball coach John Brady, new baseball coach Paul Mainieri and women’s basketball coach Pokey Chatman. Only gymnastics coach D-D Breaux, who just completed the second year of a three-year pact signed in 2005, was not included.

Read the rest . . .

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Maybe when she quits choking and wins the big one, she'll deserve a pay increase.

I mean, as long as we're judging her as harshly as we do our men's sport coaches.