Les Miles gets more money in new 5 year deal

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUalum24, Jul 12, 2006.

1. lsufan112001

lsufan112001 Founding Member

lol, she does suck at the end of the game, I wonder where she got that from. I can't remember which one 2 years ago, but our 4th best player shot one from 30 feet when there was 5 to 6 seconds on the clock, SEC champ game?. Or when Tenn trapped our point guard with a few seconds left at the final 4, everyone saw that one coming. That's just a couple of games that we flat gave away without any sort of respectable shot.

Not a clue on how to set a called play when the pressure is on. We'll see how she does after losing the WNBA's leading scorer, at year 1. geez

2. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

You were just seeming VERY confrontational. Trying to debate me on something I was not even saying. Maybe I was just perceiving you wrongly. If so, then I apologize.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

All I was saying was that Miles inherited a program in great shape, much better than the program he left and with much more potential than OSU making it an easy decision. I also didn't know at the time that the raises were across the board for everyone, but I still wouldn't give a raise to a coach after one good season or one that has yet to hold his first practice(Mainieri)JMO. Nothing to apologize about just a misunderstanding.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Nobody would even doubt that the LSU job is much better than OSU. I had not said that and ya kept putting bold caps to emphasize that it was. :hihi:

I geuss my only real point was was that it would be much easier for him to have stayed put at OSU and keep making a decent salary without very much pressure. Then again, he could be the best thing since sliced bread (IE since Nick Saban) here at LSU and this LSU job may be easy for him!

Also, was simply saying that he did indeed take a pay cut to come to LSU. Regardless of the circumstances, that's not something that just anyone would do.

5. Broke

Broke Founding Member

I would love for you to help renegotiate my employment contract. Too bad my boss is a complete a**hole (me, I own the company).

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

If she has choked, and I am not saying she has, then at least she has had the opportunity to do it three straight times. Brady has only done it once.

7. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I don't see what the fuss is all about. Honestly. I mean, it's not like we doubled his salary, or gave him Saban money for crying out loud.

We're one of the highest money making athletic departments in the country. What's wrong with giving your top guy a little extra?

How many of you out there are involved in companies that make a large amount of money, but never share some of that cash with those people responsible for helping you make so much money?

Miles went from about 1.25 to 1.65. Big deal! In fact, we should have offered him MORE money just for having to put up with morons fans like Kajunsausage.....

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

:thumb:

9. WestCoastTiger

WestCoastTiger Founding Member

I agree.

This is extremely premature. What is Skip going to look like if we go 7-5 or 8-4this year.

He cannot and should not be evaluated until after 3 years. TNTR...

NSOL....

10. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Her team's cetainly have choked, and Brady's choked as well - just earlier in the process.