Les Miles in NY Times

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerTap, Oct 21, 2010.

1. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I see you haven't made an argument to any points I brought up. Maybe it's because you don't have any. Instead you try taking a shot at me?

*hands a cookie*

Your juice is in the corner. Now go sit down son.

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I actually got this in an email from a friend:

I pointed out to him that this is the equivalent of saying "I hope we hurry up and start losing games so we can get rid of him quicker."

With "fans" like these, who needs enemies?

Time for a gut check for Miles haters...I admire and respect passion, but it needs to be bridled with reason.

The argument that LSU has gone "8-8 the past two seasons" is no longer valid. We're 4-0 in the SEC and 9-3 and counting in the SEC the last 2 seasons. If you want to go back and throw 2008's record in, we're 12-8 in a highly competitive SEC since then.

This record should be better. I wholeheartedly agree with that sentiment.

However the reason we are not better than 12-8 in SEC play since that time has to do with a number of factors, including being forced to throw a redshirt freshman QB named Jarret Lee into the fire when he was not ready because RP was hell bent on making sure that his shot at a big fat NFL contract was flushed down the toilet.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Has to be one of the worst things that you can hear from the mouth of a coach.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

haha, can you imagine what it must be like every morning in the Miles household trying to get up to go to work and get the kids to school on time? I bet it is a fuc*ing zoo!!! It's a race against the clock. If you thought the end of football games was crazy, i bet this is absolute mayhem.

5. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

I bet Mrs. Miles manages the clock well. Wait there's an idea how about she come on the sidelines and help. They could be the first husband and wife tag team coaching staff:milesmic::miles:

6. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I assume your attack on me has to do with my other posts and not me asking the name of the O Line coach on a 2am post.

Otherwise, you're just an ass hole.

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

I imagine Miles is gone long before the kids get up for school...

8. LSUtiger327

LSUtiger327 Pow right in da kissa

i was really quick to want to get rid of studrawa. even after miles didn't fire crowton i thought keeping stud was a huge mistake.

the line is playing well this year. take a guy like lonergan. what was he like a 3 star afterthought. probably a guy thought to add depth and he's killing it at center. hebert has found a niche at guard. barksdale has been consistent at LT.

it was hard not to improve on the line after the last two years but this group is playing better as the year goes on.

9. Meathead

Meathead Founding Member

Mark Richt's wife has been on the UGA sidelines for years.

[​IMG]

10. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Let's See:

BCS History

Myer has :crystal::crystal:
    Saban has :crystal::crystal:
    Miles has :crystal:
    Fulmer has :crystal:

SEC is 6-0 in BCSNCG and Miles is in the group. In the last four years the :crystal: came to a team in our conference. Half of the Champions since its inception have been in our conference. As much as I hate losing, at least we lost to the eventual NC. It's like the Superbowl, nobody remembers who lost. The competition has been really good in our conference. LSU accomplished some pretty impressive things in the last 10 years despite a couple of down years. I don't always agree how we get there, but I like where we are now.