Les Miles is Staying at LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tirk, Jan 11, 2011.

1. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

First of all, I am thrilled CLM is staying. Turning down his alma mater solidifies, for those not convinced, his commitment to LSU and shows that in life you build other strong bonds that win your heart and devotion.

But, I am unclear why others are saying that CGC will be here for sure next year. I have always thought CLM would wait until after the bowl game to make any change anyway, which just happened last week. Now that all of this Meechigan stuff is behind us, do others really think we will not pursue an OC change?

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hard to fire any coach after an 11-2 season. and les is not a firing type of guy. so id say odds are against it.

but who knows. i will never play poker against les miles with the expectations of winning. i will have checkbook in hand.

3. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

This just made my day the mad hatter is here to stay!!!!!! Geaux tigers

4. MBTigah

MBTigah Myrtle Beach Tiger Fan

Les Miles staying at LSU

"Les Miles will remain LSU's coach after talking with Michigan officials about the vacancy at his alma mater. LSU athletic director Joe Alleva released a statement Tuesday confirming that Miles will return for a seventh season with the Tigers. "I am pleased to announce that Les Miles will remain the head coach at LSU," Alleva said in the statement. "Les has led this program to many great successes on the field and his players represent LSU well off the field. We look forward to many great years of LSU football under his leadership." Miles met with Michigan athletic director Dave Brandon and other school representatives Monday night in Baton Rouge but did return with them to Ann Arbor. He reportedly met with Alleva later Monday. Miles is scheduled to speak at the American Football Coaches Association convention Tuesday afternoon in Dallas. Miles is 62-17 with a 2007 national championship in six seasons at LSU since taking over for Nick Saban in 2005. He has four years remaining on his contract at LSU.
    Miles was an offensive lineman on two Big Ten championship teams at Michigan for the late Bo Schembechler, who later gave Miles his first chance to be an assistant coach in 1980. Brandon is a former teammate.
    Last Wednesday, Rich Rodriguez was fired as Michigan coach with a 15-22 mark in three seasons.
    Miles is 62-17 with a 2007 national championship in six seasons at LSU since taking over for Nick Saban in 2005."

ESPN is reporting that Les is staying! Great move Coach. I think we're all glad to see ya staying!:miles:

5. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

Can't get a find a good jambalaya in Michigan. I knew that would come in handy someday.

6. TigerChik

TigerChik Texas Tiger

I'm so happy we are keeping Les! He is a standup guy, the players believe in him & they play their butts off for him. I hope next year is a payoff year for the "Michigan Man" that has decided to remain a "Bayou Bengal".....Geaux Tigers!

2 people like this.
  7. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

Sweet. Love it

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Sweet. Love it

9. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

+1

10. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

really? is that just now breaking? im so glad to know. im glad someone is on top of this stuff!