Les Miles Love Letter to Baton Rouge

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by COTiger, Aug 27, 2014.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Just think, Bo is such a heralded coaching icon because of his battles with Woody Hayes & t Osu. Over a ten year period the Big Blue or Ohio St won eight Big Ten titles. The rest of the Big Ten teams were hit or miss or perennially terrible during that time. So basically the winner of their series pretty much won a shot in the Rose Bowl each time they met, which more times then not ended up in a loss to the PAC 10.

While I do respect what Bob accomplished at Michigan I truely believe that Les has had a more successful career at Lsu.

The point I really want to emphasis though is that Bo relished his rivalry with Woody & I believe Les is enjoying competing with Nick just a much, therefore he won't run from it.He He is cut from the same mold as Bo, which makes him want to come out on top. The biggest difference is that LSU has to compete with many super quality teams to won the conference instead of just one.

ParadiseiNC likes this.
  2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

LSU class helps Les Miles with his grammar

[​IMG]

Les Miles is in the habit of ... let's say "evading" questions. Like, for example, the answer he gave on Wednesday as to who would be LSU's starting quarterback. He's cagey!

But his manner of address could certainly be more concise, less clunky. That's where
    LSU communication professor Jay Shelledy comes in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Earlier, he'd said this:

QUESTION: "Do you know today who your starting quarterback is without saying who it is?"
    MILES: "Correct."

QUESTION: "Do you know who it is?"

MILES: "Yes." (Pause.) "It's either going to be (laughter) one guy or the other."

3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Cam brought him down from Baltimore. "Clise actually had a lacrosse scholarship to UMD. Always wanted to play football though and is a very good quarterback. There is a very good former NFL quarterback coach who watched Clise play a lot of games and is now on the staff at LSU, Cam Cameron. Nothing wrong with very good athletes following their dreams while getting to go to a big time school."

4. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Everyone seems to forget that Miles holds a degree from the University of Michigan and runs a top college football program.

He isn't stupid.

titoabad1, LSUDad and b_leblanc like this.
  5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

There was only one comma in my post. And two missing commas in yours. But neither of us release posts to the press. Do we?

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

True, but I'm rather fond of commas, so I probably would've put one before as well, as well.

And I was too busy...you know...teaching to read it earlier. :)

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Are you trying to be commacal?

ParadiseiNC, ROY_LA_CA and StaceyO like this.
  8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

There have been many super successful coaches, politicians, business people, etc who were a lot like Coach Miles in personality and use of the spoken word.

I worked for many years for a gentleman who many competitors thought would be a push over and came to realize he was smart like a fox. Many ended up broke or working for him in later years. And many of us cherished what he taught us and learned to be humble while becoming successful in our own right.

One of the richest & most powerful men in Louisiana was so much like Les that he pops up in my mind damn near everytime I see an interview with Les.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

He went to graduate school there, too. He started wearing tall hats to keep his '70's hair under them.

[​IMG]

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is the helmet hiding a pair of disco boots?