Les Miles < (Nick Saban && Urban Meyer)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDeek, Nov 9, 2009.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

I agree with those on Tigerdroppings that state the above, and as long as both of those coaches are at their respective programs LSU will be 3rd in the league.

However, I also believe that Urban and Nick are the top two coaches in the entire country.

You can't convince me that anyone else in the country can do better at LSU given the competition right now.

1 person likes this.
  2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

I will make this short.

Well I DONT agree.

3. LSUDeek

That's fine. I hope Les stays at LSU for a long time, because like I said, I don't see anyone else in the country doing better than Les can at LSU right now.

4. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Again I am just stating my opinion. I think LSU has had some rough go's at some skill positions. QB being the biggest one. Last year well we know last year.
    This year JJ although getting better lets not lose the fact he is a 1st year starter and is still a Teenager. I think LSU is neck and neck on both coaching and Talent. Once Tebow leaves and most of the defense leaves this year, UF will be rebuilding themselves will they be good yes, but will face challanges.
    Bama has beaten LSU the last two years, once in overtime with an LSU QB who loves throwing interceptions. This year, well they had all they can handle and got CONSIDERABLE assistance from Refs, to top off LSU had lost their starting QB and RB....
    WIth all the being Said, I am fine where we are, you going to win some and lose some. But to say we are "behind" I just dont agree.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Think "integrity", deek, and you'll change your mind !!

6. LSUDeek

He's definitely a better person. He is not a better football coach, though.

As I said, I am fine with it.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I'm having trouble getting your point here.

"Who is the best coach" is subjective. Everybody has his own idea. Who cares?

What matters what what a coach has done for his school. In terms of wins, trophies, and recruiting, all three coaches are in the same tier and so is Carroll. Actually Nick hasn't won any trophies at his current school. His reputation is largely based on what he accomplished at LSU. I think trophies may be in Nick's future, but they may be in Les' and Meyer's too.

Correct. Since there is nobody with a significantly better record than Les in the game, we can't do better. We can't even do as good because all the other three have jobs that they ain't leaving.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

If saying Saban and Meyer are better coaches than Miles makes you feel better then by all means say it.

Saban proved how great he is at Miami.

Come back a year from today and let's see how things stand.

9. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

I hear you, but the coach represents the University... that's where I think integrity is important. It's more than being a nice guy or better person.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Its all a matter of opinion. Yes Meyer has 2, Nick has 1, Les has 1. I will stick with Miles over the other 2 any day. Meyer is scum, Nick is like the little chihuahua who gets mad and throws a little girly fit. Les is calm and cool. All three are good coaches, i don't think any 1 is any better than any other in that department.