Les Miles < (Nick Saban && Urban Meyer)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDeek, Nov 9, 2009.

1. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

Well he is a once in a decade recruit who grew up going to Florida home games... just sayin

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

So unless one of these guys die, we are always gonna finish 3rd? Sorry if I don't buy that one. What will you say when we win the SEC next year? And/or the year after? Will excuses be made for Nick and Urban about personnel changes, schedules, etc? Similar to the excuses that Miles is not allowed?

Urban has a second trophy, may get a third and that is damn impressive. Saban going undefeated in the regular season is damn impressive. Why is Miles winning it all one year not nearly so? You see us trending down simply because there are two other good coaches to contend with?

What's going to happen when Arkie gets rolling? Or Tenn? Or Georgia? Or Auburn? Will Miles become a perennial 5th place team??

The problem I have with your statement is that the past two seasons did not happen in a void. RP was quite the setback, as were the dual DCs last year. This year was better, but still quite a learning curve for our young QBs. Do you really think we are going to finish 3rd again, when Tebow is gone, Saban does not have a 5th year senior(who doesn't even have classes to attend), and our QB has a full year of starts under his belt?

I just can't get there...

1 person likes this.
  3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

When we win the SEC next year AND the year after ( something that hasn't been done ever at LSU), I'll delete my account on this forum. LSU hasn't even been to Atlanta in even years.

Because we had two losses to bad teams in that season. No, I don't see us trending down, just remaining #3.

Those programs just won't ever be on LSU's level.

4. djrnno

djrnno Founding Member

WOW !!!! a true voice of reason on here , EXCATLY

5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Don't be so dramatic - I said and/or. You claimed we will be #3 while saban and meyer are around, so what's the explanation when(not if) we win another SEC crown? We won but we are really not any better than #3? Honestly answer this question. If what you say is true, and we actually win the SEC, at any time, what will be your line??

Arkansas, Auburn, Tennessee and Georgia will never be better than #4?? Saban and meyer are very good coaches but they don't live on Mt. Olympus. This is a fluxuating game, from year to year. I have seen plenty of teams make florida and bama look quite human, and I expect that will not end. It saddens me to hear that you think differently.

6. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I skipped through many of the posts here but I think one should be considered. Let's see how Urban Meyer does without Tim Tebow. It's more about the players than the coaches IMO. In our championship years, our star players were our leaders and were mostly seniors. Likewise with Florida. Great players like those come and go and don't come along every recruiting class. We are lacking in that area this year and last year too. I definitely think LSU will be back up there with Bama and Florida very soon. And that Florida and bama will not always be this good.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Huizenga gave Nick total control over those decisions.

If Drew Brees makes Saban a great coach, Tebow makes Meyer a great coach.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

you know, i find i agree with you alot more on this board. well said.

9. RollBamaRoll

RollBamaRoll Freshman

Saban is made for college football. There has been alot of great college coaches fail in the NFL. Off the top of my head, Pete Carroll record was 33-31 in the NFL.

10. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

It's simple math: If

A=B and

B=C then

A=C

I think you got it right there. Some, just refuse to acknowledge the writing on the wall.