Les Miles < (Nick Saban && Urban Meyer)

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDeek, Nov 9, 2009.

1. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

But we had 2 losses, there is no way we belonged in the BCSNCG, you know that as well as the rest of the dumb idiots who continually want to break down anything that CLM does.*sarcasm*(not aimed at you) Frankly I get tired of hearing the crap out of some of these peoples mouths. Having to continually tear him down no matter what he does. CLM could take this team and go undefeated, winning every game by 40 pts, and some of these people would still have something negative to say.

What I really feel sorry for, but shouldn't, is that these people continually will miss good to great seasons, because all they do is look for faults. They never enjoy the ride, too bad for them.

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Lost my interest after that.

3. Eq4bits

Eq4bits (Deep East) Texas Tiger

Like this?

4. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Are we ready to concede this yet?

5. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Saban is definately top tier, Meyer is very close. Miles is not top tier BUT he is very good.

There are alot of other variables that go int othe actual game. We are very capable of winning agaisnt either of those two coaches based on any number of other varibales. But yes I hate to say it but Miles is not top tier, he is funny, likable, players coach, he has alot of good qualities. BUT game day team management isnt his strong suit.

Lets hope he can delegate, or learn it :geaux:

6. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I sadly have to agree with the original poster. I think Miles is a good head coach.

Meyer and Saban easily out coach Miles at this point, however.

Now that Saban has his team in place with the appropriate depth, LSU will be hard pressed to win another SEC Championship while he is at Alabama.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I pretty much agree with this but I don't think the east matters.
    Being second best in the West keeps you out of the SECCG.
    I like CLM's so much better than the other two you named.
    I think he can beat them every once in a while but for the most part CLM's has problems beating CHN coached teams.

I'm happy with second or third best, it aint the end of the world but it is what it is.
    Reality has hit me after looking at the Alabama roster for next year, We might be able to beat them but
    I don't think it will happen!:nope:

1 person likes this.
  8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I suppose someone has to be 2nd or 3rd. I personally have never been able to accept this though. Not when I know what we are capable of. I suppose it comes from my racing mentality.

If second or third is the best we can do then fine, good job guys, so be it ...........but I know better.

9. LSUDeek

Second or third best isn't enough to fire a coach. We better get used to this, and fast. If we fire a 9-3 coach it will send this program into a tailspin.

I hope that Miles stays around a long time, long enough to outlast all of the better football coaches but worse human beings.

10. LSUDeek

You cannot name one coach in the country who could definitely beat Saban and Meyer on a regular basis. The best we could do would be a lateral move, and it most likely would be a step down.