Les Miles on Spike TV

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CajunPunk, Nov 22, 2009.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

[​IMG]

Sorry if this has been posted. I thought it was funneh.

EDSBS

I've heard sunshiners on the radio claim that he was saying, "He's down!" because of an Ole Miss player allegedly stripping the ball after the play.

Pff... I bet that will be Miles' excuse tomorrow.

2. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I don't think you have to be very sunshiney to believe that it would be possible that he's saying that "he's down."

. . .I see the forums haven't calmed still from this weekend.

I'll be back in a few days.

3. CajunPunk

If he dropped to his knees and was screaming and pounding the ground, or if he was pointing to the ground, maybe. But his flailing, tomahawk chopping motion doesn't look like a "he was down" signal (especially since no one, including the refs, thought it was stripped to begin with). It looks like a "spike it" signal.

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I certainly WOULD be tomahawk chopping toward the ground to say that he was down. . .

And seriously, screaming and pounding the ground? No freaking way would a coach do this.

I'm not saying what he's doing, all I'm saying is that it's POSSIBLE that he'd be saying that he was down.

How about we get a better quality video so we can read his lips?

5. CajunPunk

Did you see the video where he's screaming and jumping 3 feet in the air after the catch? We didn't know if he was signaling for a kick or what.

6. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

There is a large difference between jumping in the air in a moment of excitement and dropping to the ground and pounding it.

I honestly think you're over analyzing the last few seconds of the game.

LSU's offense did not get it done. Take away the late game TD and the onside kick and none of this would have mattered.

I personally think we have bigger fish to fry. Specifically with figuring out WHY our offense won't produce.

Although, I wasn't expecting LSU to win the NC this year and fully expected them to lose 3 possibly even 4 this year. So I guess I can look at things with a calm level head.

7. CajunPunk

So let's back up to the last :32 of the game (arguably worst than the :01 spike).

Gimme a break.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

:dis:

9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

The fact that 3 or 4 losses were expected by some is exactly the source of the outrage. Simply put, there are not 3 teams on our schedule that have any business beating us. Just because you may have expected it doesn't make it excusable.

10. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

Losing three games isn't the problem for me (I also had lower, albeit reasonable, expectations than most, predicting 9-3...look it up). Its the ongoing uncorrected, coaching errors, poor game management, even worse clock management, lack of accountability, and lack of preparation that are the problem. There seems to be a common denominator, at least IMO.