Les Miles passed over again

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Jan 6, 2017.

1. tzanghi

tzanghi Founding Member

It's surprising how often his name is brought up on this board given how much everyone seems to dislike him.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I don't think anybody actually dislikes him. More like feeling sorry for him for blowing the best job he ever lucked into because of his refusal to adapt. I wonder if the man has suffered a small stroke that prevented those neural pathways from making good decisions. Sad, really, to fall from a Top 5 job to where now even the Connecticuts and Western Michigans of the world aren't interested.

Rouxleaux and el005639 like this.
  3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

Dislike doesn't normally correlate with lack of mentions.

4. kcal

kcal Founding Member

It makes everyone here feel good about being "right". I told you so is the soup de jour

didit and ROY_LA_CA like this.
  5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

And especially makes the ones who made excuses about his offense for a decade while giving others hell face reality.

You were wrong, hypothetically speaking. It was him the entire time like a few of us said. So yeah after taking shit for a decade from the miles sycophants, one month likely isn't the end of it.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    Richdog likes this.
  6. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I think most of us feel this sentiment deep down. It's just many are still frustrated with the last few years. Despite those last few years, Miles is a big reason LSU is a top tier job and still one of the top schools.

I also feel had Aleeva not been such a dipshit and fired Miles last year that may have helped his chances. People were able to see a drastic difference in the time as soon as O took over.

7. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It was more about miles given another chance to change and refusing to once again. Showing his stubbornness and disconnect from reality. If he had adapted this year he's probably still our coach. He was never going to change. His demise was self inflicted unfortunately.

8. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

I agree, it's all on Miles that he was let go. It's also on Miles that he has not found a job, the game has passed him by. I'm just saying that had he been let go last year(like he should have), I think he probably would have been offered some job at this point. By O taking the team and improving them drastically in a short time it made Miles look that much worse.

9. Rex

Rex Founding Member

I'm not sure Miles was as much stubborn as he was less than the sharpest tool in the shed.

Richdog likes this.
  10. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

He did far too many things at a very high level to be stupid. It was stubbornness and ego.

Richdog likes this.