Les Miles passed over again

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by WestCoastTiger, Jan 6, 2017.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

And the dumb fucks of the decade goes to...LSU

2. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

What is the feel on this board on Les Miles and these jobs? To me he is playing it smart and taking his time because he can. All he has to do is put his name into the hat and that legally shows he is making an effort to keep getting his full LSU paycheck. (Hiring a new agent also seems like attorney advice move) I just don't think Les is desperate enough at this time to take any of the jobs he has been mentioned for. I could of seen him taking the Houston job if offered. Could he get really sesperate to coach again...I think so but if I was him I would wait until some of the bad offensive image wears down some and a Houston type or better job becomes available. If it doesn't ever pan out then head to ESPN.

GregLSU likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

As is always the case with Les he keeps most guessing. Do I think he was truly into any of these jobs? No. I think he believes he is better than that so yes, could have been a ploy to keep the checks coming from LSU.

As for his future, if he does want to coach again he'd best abandon this strategy and fast. He is getting long in the tooth and he has a public perception to put down. The schools he "thinks" should come calling aren't going to.

4. GiantDuckFan

GiantDuckFan be excellent to each other Staff Member

Most of what I know about Les Miles has come from comments made here at Tigerfan, and they're not very positive,.. do you think Miles could actually land a big name Head Coaching job ?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

All he needed to do in order to keep receiving his LSU pay check is to apply for one job. It appears that he really wants to coach again. It also appears that what many of of thought is indeed true. Les still doesn't get it when discussing his offense. With the level of success he had at a major SEC program he should have landed a job quickly. He was much more successful than Richt IMO. The difference is that Richt might actually improve as a coach while every time Miles speaks it becomes even clearer, if possible, that he has no clue. It is extremely sad to see, I really do like Miles.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Don't know, don't care. Funny though.

I bet she knows how to cook Duck a le vert.

7. bhelmLSU

Not just one job...obligation to seek similar or related employement. Just putting his hat into one job would likely fall short of his obligation according to way the contract his written.

8. bhelmLSU

A big one off the bat isn't likely but something in the realm of Houston could happen. He was close to landing that gig.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

Les wants to work. He's not doing this shit to keep pulling a check from lsu. He's just not a big prospect. Each day will push him farther and farther from that chance. His luster is long gone.

uscvball likes this.
  10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

They should give him a rocking chair made of the deflated hopes and dreams of Tiger fans