Les Miles protects his players. Nick Saban does not.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Cajun Sensation, Dec 2, 2013.

1. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

You should start a thread.

2. dudley

dudley oops!

If Les Miles had made the same stupid decisions Nick Saban made in the Auburn game can you imagine the negative press and second guessing?

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I saw all that, but you are kind of describing the last few minutes of the game and injuries (which happen in football). What about the part where a team that was winless in the SEC gave us all we wanted?

I will say with the NFL losses on defense, our struggles are somewhat explainable and a rebuilding year can be within the scope of reason. But we are two years removed from being in the NC discussion. Things aren't all lollipops and rainbows.

One of these teams is in the NC picture, one is not.

Just trying to be funny. To say critics are the reason LSU is struggling is a joke. Def not making cheddar at Miles level.

I like a good conspiracy theory. Too bad we can't prove it. Really, though, LSU has no room to talk when it comes to backing in to NC wins; I think both wins came after a series of unlikely events put us in the game.

Are you really referencing 2011? Don't you remember the NC? How can you talk out of both sides of your mouth like this? He's whipping miles in NCs and has had his team in the NC discussion for years without lapse. Y'all people...

As the young folks say, smh.

4. lsu-i-like

Y'all are thick.

5. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

I like a good conspiracy theory. Too bad we can't prove it. Really, though, LSU has no room to talk when it comes to backing in to NC wins; I think both wins came after a series of unlikely events put us in the game.

Are you really referencing 2011? Don't you remember the NC? How can you talk out of both sides of your mouth like this? He's whipping miles in NCs and has had his team in the NC discussion for years without lapse. Y'all people...

As the young folks say, smh.[/quote]

Well the proof is there if you would like to look it up. LSU was scheduled to play UK and Bama was scheduled to play Georgia. The SEC bridge schedule swapped those teams this year. Bama at UGA when we played them would have been interesting. Also I clearly remember the 2011 season. 13-0 SEC Champs vs 11-1 division runner up Bama. In bowl rematches, the original winner is only 6-22 including Florida dismantling FSU after a regular season tie (no overtimes) to win the National Championship. It happens.

StaceyO, lsu-i-like, Winston1 and 2 others like this.
  6. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Don't forget, LSU was also missing their best weapon, WR OBJ.

TigerTap likes this.
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Well the proof is there if you would like to look it up. LSU was scheduled to play UK and Bama was scheduled to play Georgia. The SEC bridge schedule swapped those teams this year. Bama at UGA when we played them would have been interesting. Also I clearly remember the 2011 season. 13-0 SEC Champs vs 11-1 division runner up Bama. In bowl rematches, the original winner is only 6-22 including Florida dismantling FSU after a regular season tie (no overtimes) to win the National Championship. It happens.[/quote]

Also the 1960 Sugar Bowl. LSU and Billy Cannon beat Ole Miss 7-3 in the famous Halloween night game then in the rematch Ole Miss won by what??? Oh yes 21-0.

StaceyO and TigerTap like this.
  8. lsu-i-like

Rematches don't bother me.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I rarely criticize Miles and love him as our coach but didn't he throw Jordan Jefferson under the bus (think it was Ole Miss game) when he claimed that he told JJ to spike it? Then, the replays showed otherwise? Or something like that?

My recollection was that he threw JJ under the bus when he really didn't do what Miles said. I wondered at some point if that game, along with JJ taking the fall (in public's eyes) about the fight when it was really somone else, led Miles to go back to JJ as his starting QB (i.e. felt guilty about how he handled a couple of situations).

10. MikeInLa

MikeInLa Founding Member

Well stated Herb. And I don't think anyone read your post and understood the point you were making. Recruits see all this negativity and think twice about coming/staying. At least that's what I took from it.