Les Miles responds to question about LSU job

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by max, Dec 27, 2004.

1. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I think Lloyd Carr's job is safe....at least for a few more seasons. Hypothetically speaking, should Miles end up our next coach, and does well, should Michigan create an opening for their head coaching position, Miles would probably leave for the job, not nec. for the money as I think we've shown that we have the resources to pay our head coaches.....a LOT!

That would be a Shakespearean tradegy wouldn't it? First we lose a coach that gets offered more money, and then lose one offered less? :shock: :thumb:

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

THere are some that commented on his problems controlling "problem players" and the number of players that were/are suspended at Oklahoma St., and figure that to be a problem (i.e. that he has trouble keeping his players in order).

I haven't heard, or read where it was made a big deal on the national level...but then again, I haven't exactly been searching for it :D, to draw a better opinion of him.

3. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

The fact that he's built a top 25 caliber program in Bob Stoops' backyard, has beaten him 2 of the last 4 years (and should have this year), and can recruit are very attractive qualities, IMO.

4. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Les Miles will take the Michigan job once it opens.